Long Songs ... | Syracusefan.com

Long Songs ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Let's see what ya got. Gotta be at least 4 minutes. And no, you don't get to post Layla, because everyone knows it's the absolute best "Long Song." Or, "In-a-Gadda-da-Vida." I've got a hundred ideas, but it's not about me. Let's see what you can come up with to top this:

Dire Straits: Telegraph Road. For I'm here to tell you, and although I dearly love Eric Clapton, there isn't a better guitar player out there than Mark Knopfler. Period.

And since I've already invoked Eric Clapton, let's try this one. Clapton can be hit and miss; his hits are fabulous, his misses less so. But this is outright spectacular. :)

Pink Floyd "Echoes"
tee - Copy (2).jpg

And this makes a Zeppelin Three.
It's so pretty.
Kashmir
Only Zep song ever allowed in a movie (Fast Times at Ridgemont High) as a special favor to Cameron Crowe. Mike Myers used the intro to Stairway in the first release of Wayne's World without permission but it ended up getting scrambled in later releases. And speaking of which:

Only Zep song ever allowed in a movie (Fast Times at Ridgemont High) as a special favor to Cameron Crowe. Mike Myers used the intro to Stairway in the first release of Wayne's World without permission but it ended up getting scrambled in later releases. And speaking of which:

They allowed the use of Immigrant Song in Jack Black's School of Rock.

{Song: Ivory Gate of Dreams} (this is faster the studio is 23+minutes)

Full disclosure here since I think the statue of limitations is up for it, I totally plagiarized this for the poetry section of 12th Grade English. :oops: The whole song is about the seconds of waking up from a dream and realizing where you are.

Thank God Al Gore had not invented the internet yet.

Great thread Cowtown, I would have said seven minutes for length and I will refrain from any jam by the Dead, Phish, or moe

But I will try to post live versions

Song Tea for One