Long Songs ... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Long Songs ...

And the second ... actually the first. There's a number of versions on line, but I think the studio version is the best ...

"Baby, I got my facts learned real good right now ..."

"I looked in the mirror at my pigeon chest.
I had to put on my clothes 'cuz it made me depressed ..."

Basically everyone of DMB's songs from concerts could make the list, but I really like this one and it's never made a studio album or really remained in concert rotation.

So. Here is another long one some might know. I was reminded because someone watched Dredd.

Bow down before the power of Sunn O))). And no smart a$$ comments about how "this isn't a long song, it's a ten second song played 60 times in a row"

Miles Davis' landmark Bitches Brew was a double album containing only six cuts - all six meet the definition of "long song" used in this thread, but the 4:22 "John McLaughlin" stands out for its brevity. All five of the other songs are over 10 minutes; two of them are over 20 minutes. The title cut clocks in at 26:58. It was written as a 5 part suite, but only three are used on the album because that was all that could fit due to the technological limitations of the time.

"Miles Runs the Voodoo Down." I think this is the best cut from Bitches Brew, and that is saying something. Four plus decades after its release, this album still blows the minds of those hearing it for the first time

Last edited: