long story | Syracusefan.com

long story

moqui

generational talent
so, i'm in this parking dispute with a new neighbor. he's renting the house next door and ignores neighborhood conventions. parking on our street is scarce, but this guy and his wife refuse to use their driveway/garage and only park on the street. to make matters worse, permanent residents all know not to park directly across from someone's driveway because it is a narrow street and it becomes very difficult to get out when someone is there. this guy does it anyway. i have written very gentle, neighborly notes, which he has ignored. he lives behind gates but i have rung his door several times but the most he does is send his maid out to shoo me away. we had a neighborhood petition about fixing our street lighting and he was the only one who refused to sign it. when i see him going to his car and try to engage him, he just gives me the"talk to the hand" gesture, gets in and drives away.

and every single night he parks directly across from my driveway, no matter how many open slots there are on the street.

i know, it's his legal right. but it's the opposite of neighborly. so every night i think about keying his car. or slashing his tires. or other diabolical means of revenge.

then, the other day, a package for his wife gets misdelivered to our house. mrs. kristen buckingham. and then it dawns on me: this sonuvabitch is lindsay fuqqing buckingham!

no wonder fleetwood mac fired him

just a question is parking on the street really legal or just assumed? around here its something that people ignore but its not really legal on many streets depending on the type of street

so, i'm in this parking dispute with a new neighbor. he's renting the house next door and ignores neighborhood conventions. parking on our street is scarce, but this guy and his wife refuse to use their driveway/garage and only park on the street. to make matters worse, permanent residents all know not to park directly across from someone's driveway because it is a narrow street and it becomes very difficult to get out when someone is there. this guy does it anyway. i have written very gentle, neighborly notes, which he has ignored. he lives behind gates but i have rung his door several times but the most he does is send his maid out to shoo me away. we had a neighborhood petition about fixing our street lighting and he was the only one who refused to sign it. when i see him going to his car and try to engage him, he just gives me the"talk to the hand" gesture, gets in and drives away.

and every single night he parks directly across from my driveway, no matter how many open slots there are on the street.

i know, it's his legal right. but it's the opposite of neighborly. so every night i think about keying his car. or slashing his tires. or other diabolical means of revenge.

then, the other day, a package for his wife gets misdelivered to our house. mrs. kristen buckingham. and then it dawns on me: this sonuvabitch is lindsay fuqqing buckingham!

You can go your own way moqui. I won’t advocate vandalizing his car but if anyone ever deserved bad things to happen to him, it is Lindsey. Don’t know him, never met him, but he has always struck me as an arrogant, awful person and everything I have read about him confirms this.

Sorry you have to deal with him.

just a question is parking on the street really legal or just assumed? around here its something that people ignore but its not really legal on many streets depending on the type of street
it's legal. i appealed to the city to paint that curb red but they denied the request.

it's legal. i appealed to the city to paint that curb red but they denied the request.
I talked about this with my wife. I did this because she is the most diabolical person I know.

This is what she said.

Tell him to rent a car, get the insurance and accidentally smash his car when you back out of your driveway. If he keeps parking there, keep renting cars and having accidents.

I talked about this with my wife. I did this because she is the most diabolical person I know.

This is what she said.

Tell him to rent a car, get the insurance and accidentally smash his car when you back out of your driveway. If he keeps parking there, keep renting cars and having accidents.
i will not share this with my wife because she will totally do it

Would you have the opportunity to park one of your cars in that spot or is their car rarely moved?

It would be temporarily inconvenient for you to park across the street but maybe he’d take the hint and start parking elsewhere (maybe his driveway if his options are too far).

Perhaps park far enough away from his driveway, not quite the length for a car to squeeze in, to max out the distance.

This is what she said.

Remind me not to get on you or your wife's bad side:confused:

By the way, have I ever told you what a great poster and admin you are:)

Would you have the opportunity to park one of your cars in that spot or is their car rarely moved?

It would be temporarily inconvenient for you to park across the street but maybe he’d take the hint and start parking elsewhere (maybe his driveway if his options are too far).

Perhaps park far enough away from his driveway, not quite the length for a car to squeeze in, to max out the distance.
This is what I did in a similar situation. He then parked across my nextdoor neighbor's driveway. She was pissed

i've tried it, and he doesn't take the hint. seems like he takes it as a challenge to get there first.

Last edited:
i've tried it, and he doesn't take the hint. seems like he takes it as a challenge to get their first.

How’s your throwing arm?

Dozen eggs (assuming limited video surveillance) might go a long way toward easing your frustration. ;)

Don't vandalize his car. Surely there are security cams about, no?
I'm trying to think of things that could 'accidentally' happen to his car... I'm gonna have to get back to you...
I like the rental car thing, but i'd rather there be something that doesn't come back at you.

[You in show binnis?]

C5EA34FD-86A6-4896-A967-1DC84BEECD47.jpeg

Don't vandalize his car. Surely there are security cams about, no?
I'm trying to think of things that could 'accidentally' happen to his car... I'm gonna have to get back to you...
I like the rental car thing, but i'd rather there be something that doesn't come back at you.

[You in show binnis?]
i was thinking of using the cordless to drill some screws into his tires, because he could have picked those up anywhere. but there are cameras all over the place. just about every house but mine has them.

my sister in law produces schlock horror films. steve vai's wife keeps a horse at our ranch (i told him that in my opinion he was the true winner of the head cutting contest in "").
but no, i'm not in the business myself

When I was a kid, we had a run where we would put those “poppers” that you could buy at the gas station, behind the tires of neighbors and then crack up when we’d hear the poppers go off and hurry to look out the window - sometimes they’d stop their car for awhile before moving on. Sometimes they’d stop and get out and check things out.
th

Wow, music royalty! Too bad he's "Trouble".

Put a sign up that reads "Welch was better" and have his next door neighbors blast this at his house 24/7:

Eh, go rent a Mazda2 at Hertz, park it and leave it. It's tiny, easy to avoid when you back out, and you can rent those for like $34 for a year. Heck, you may be able to buy one on Craigslist for $34.

No more worrying about him trying to get there first, you just leave it for a bit. Maybe a week? Although I guess he just parks in his driveway for a couple days.

Otherwise, buy a dog, and just have that as your designated spot...….and always forget about cleaning up.

If I were you, I would cast aside petty parking differences. Instead, I would befriend him, get him drunk, ask him repeatedly for details about his time with Stevie, then go home and play Rhiannon over and over while being "with" your wife. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom