Potential 2023 Roster | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Potential 2023 Roster

Good for Pete for sticking with it and deciding to come back next year for his fifth year. He is a complete homer and orange runs through his veins. Playing for Syracuse was his dream— so I don’t think it would’ve felt right if he transferred anywhere else. I feel the same way about Cook.

Good for Pete for sticking with it and deciding to come back next year for his fifth year. He is a complete homer and orange runs through his veins. Playing for Syracuse was his dream— so I don’t think it would’ve felt right if he transferred anywhere else. I feel the same way about Cook.

Assuming this is Fiorini?

If his Instagram account is set to "Private", nobody can see what you just posted.

35491B9E-03F7-4EE7-BD3B-1B50A7CC9005.jpeg

I took a pic of it.

If the Corsi news is true thats a real tough loss but one I had feared may happen.

Just throwing this out there.. what about Teddy Dolan?
I remember him having a decent game against us and have some pretty decent stats from this season
12 saves vs Albany , 13 vs Lehigh, 16 vs Stoney and 20 vs Vermont

Just throwing this out there.. what about Teddy Dolan?
I remember him having a decent game against us and have some pretty decent stats from this season
12 saves vs Albany , 13 vs Lehigh, 16 vs Stoney and 20 vs Vermont
I think we definitely reach out to him but I'm sure we won't be alone. Maintained a great save percentage despite not a lot of help in front of him over the years.

I think we definitely reach out to him but I'm sure we won't be alone. Maintained a great save percentage despite not a lot of help in front of him over the years.
Dolan is a solid goalie and definitely worth a look. Dobson declared for the draft - if he isn't drafted, I assume he can decide to go back to the NCAA for his final year of eligibility?

Dolan is a solid goalie and definitely worth a look. Dobson declared for the draft - if he isn't drafted, I assume he can decide to go back to the NCAA for his final year of eligibility?
I think so? Not sure how that works for lax. Keep in mind he also has a good shot at being an NLL goalie next year as well.

I think so? Not sure how that works for lax. Keep in mind he also has a good shot at being an NLL goalie next year as well.
Well thanks to Porter there will be one less taken;)

Dobson is 100% getting drafted. He's done with college

Dolan could be a realistic option

Expect lots more guys to enter the portal as teams are slowly eliminated from the postseason. Lots and lots of Ivy guys. There are a ton of Ivy seniors who will have to play somewhere else next year. Goalie-wise, maybe Chayse Ierlan enters? His #s aren't mindblowing but he'd be an upgrade. He's got a brother some of you might know...

This is how Gait addressed the goalie situation to Donna Diota in her end of season article -

“From the beginning, it was Bobby Gavin, Harrison Thompson. We weren’t sure at the beginning of the year. They’re pretty complementary players to each other, similar in how they play. We’re going to have them compete, do the best they can. We’re going to have another freshman come in and keep playing and we’ll put the best goalie in.”

The freshman goalie will be Jimmy McCool, a four-star prospect from The New Hampton School.”

End quote

He doesn’t come out and say he wants another transfer, and it sounds like he’s going to give McCool a good look. Obviously this doesn’t rule out a transfer but he did say last fall he was going to look for a goalie in the portal (prior to Gavin coming in).

At the very least this seems like bad news for the other three goalies on the roster (Rolley, Duffy and Shea).

This is how Gait addressed the goalie situation to Donna Diota in her end of season article -

“From the beginning, it was Bobby Gavin, Harrison Thompson. We weren’t sure at the beginning of the year. They’re pretty complementary players to each other, similar in how they play. We’re going to have them compete, do the best they can. We’re going to have another freshman come in and keep playing and we’ll put the best goalie in.”

The freshman goalie will be Jimmy McCool, a four-star prospect from The New Hampton School.”

End quote

He doesn’t come out and say he wants another transfer, and it sounds like he’s going to give McCool a good look. Obviously this doesn’t rule out a transfer but he did say last fall he was going to look for a goalie in the portal (prior to Gavin coming in).

At the very least this seems like bad news for the other three goalies on the roster (Rolley, Duffy and Shea).

Shea is already in the portal, he got the message

End quote

Hope so.. I really like McCool

I would definitely look at a goalie transfer. If we start next year with Gavin we're in trouble. He is a liability in net IMHO. Open the competition.

Did anyone catch the Cole Kirst news yesterday? I am surprised that no one ran with it.

But Carc said during the cornell game and talking about all of the brothers "according to my sources, Cole will be spending his last year at Syracuse" and then they talked about Simmons and the recruiting class and the noise they are making.

also for what its worth, I've heard Tuck and Solomon are going to Gtown so they may be preseason #1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom