Looking at the visitors thread | Syracusefan.com

Looking at the visitors thread

GoSU96

Living Legend
On the recruiting board we are improving the base of where kids are going to school if nothing else. I don’t know the profiles of each player but the schools are those you want to be in.

That’s an important change.

The coaches are definitely bringing in recruits from Mass.
An increased emphasis on NJ has been in the works for a couple of years. It just seems to grow each year.

I think we might be spending a bit more time recruiting NYS these days too. Same applies to recruiting PA. Especially Eastern OA, where we have historically had the most success in that state.

We seem to have almost ignored Nee England for years but there is way more focus on those states now. Wondering if it was driven by new coaches, the unusual strength of coming classes from those states or something else?

Happy it is happening.

Might be de-emphasizing IL, MI and IN some. Which I support. Seems like we are not getting great return in those states.

On the 6pm out of O’Hara. Looks like a couple of recruits were on the plane.

The tickets are steerage, boarding group last

IMG_2775.jpeg

That lighthouse is Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth, Maine, just south of Portland.

Not prep schools but we got Rob Konrad, David Bavaro, Diamond Ferri out of Massachusetts back in the day. Diamond Ferri still has the most impressive day I have ever seen in football, final game in 04 at BC. Reyes and Rhodes were injured and Diamond played the whole game both ways as RB and DB and on specials, ran for close to 200 yards, had TDs rushing, a pick 6 and a punt return for TD. He willed Cuse to victory that day. I think he had a nice long CFL career too.

Not prep schools but we got Rob Konrad, David Bavaro, Diamond Ferri out of Massachusetts back in the day. Diamond Ferri still has the most impressive day I have ever seen in football, final game in 04 at BC. Reyes and Rhodes were injured and Diamond played the whole game both ways as RB and DB and on specials, ran for close to 200 yards, had TDs rushing, a pick 6 and a punt return for TD. He willed Cuse to victory that day. I think he had a nice long CFL career too.

Agree on that. Full on beast mode from diamond

A player or two with the last name Morris came out of Massachusetts too.

View attachment 227023

That lighthouse is Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth, Maine, just south of Portland.
Totally OT but if you visit the lighthouse make sure you grab lunch at the Bite Into Maine food truck. You won’t be disappointed.

The challenge is that in the past we'd compete with BC, Pitt, and PSU for talent in North East.

Now, every school is poaching the high end talent.

Florida for years has snagged CT talent. Same with Miami. Now you got Ohio State, Bama, Georgia, Nebraska and many others coming in and cherry picking guys who would have been strong Cuse targets thirty years ago.

Now we don't even get a whiff.

Game has changed.

The challenge is that in the past we'd compete with BC, Pitt, and PSU for talent in North East.

Now, every school is poaching the high end talent.

Florida for years has snagged CT talent. Same with Miami. Now you got Ohio State, Bama, Georgia, Nebraska and many others coming in and cherry picking guys who would have been strong Cuse targets thirty years ago.

Now we don't even get a whiff.

Game has changed.
The trick is to go for those kids and thi kids in Florida, Georgia and Ohio. Each roster has X slots open, they are limited in taking X. The staff has to realize the limits and show the kids in the home states why they should come to SU. Yes, it means harder and more work, but the staff get paid for it and SU has selling points, the best of which is “We ain’t Rutgers!”.

Totally OT but if you visit the lighthouse make sure you grab lunch at the Bite Into Maine food truck. You won’t be disappointed.
Thanks for the recommendation. We always walked by that, not knowing if it was worth trying or not.

Where some of these kids are from who are visiting and who will be camping is amazing especially when you see kids from Texas and California.
From reading your spring practice visit threads and camp invites it's incredible where players are trekking from.

Also hope everyone noticed there's been a huge uptick in players invited from Massachusetts.

Recruiting nationally for qbs. I have no idea where they rack and stack, but at least the pipeline is bigger
Also think with portal now, you’re recruiting for the eventual year one transfer too. Stay consistent on message. When they go to the bigger name school and get buried on a depth chart, we still will be here.

Thanks for the recommendation. We always walked by that, not knowing if it was worth trying or not.
Yeah same. Phil Rosenthal (Somebody Feed Phil - Netflix) visited there in his Maine episode. Tried the Curry, Wasabi and the Picnic. All great. Also recommend High Roller and Eventide in Portland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom