Looking into the future | Syracusefan.com

Looking into the future

Cuse9292

Walk On
So I understand with the COVID extra year the portal is a lot different. Unlike a lot of people here I think we are generally speaking fine for next year in terms of we are probably a 7-11 seed once again and the zone could haunt teams come March. But just looking into the future, Buddy seems to have NBA aspirations, Benny is a probable one or two and done. The portal won't be like this forever so I guess what I'm asking how do we feel roster construction going into the future will take place? Benny is a rare top end recruit for this program and just in terms of his pro stock he's going to have little to no competition for playing time so he's going to have a long leash, well hopefully, we just can't rely on his type because we don't get them frequently. Will we be exploring traditional transfers? Will we be exploring grad transfers? Are we going to try and bring in a big recruiting class for 2022? There's really just not much talent that's going to be left for this staff to actually even help out and develop for the future when players the staff currently rely on actually do leave. I'm not talking the tournament because it's always very impressive what JB schemes up there but throughout times in the season we sometimes look like we have no understanding of how our staff wants us to play, and that's with players this staff has worked with and developed. Now we are just going to rely on new faces all of a sudden to run a zone that we saw an immediately eligible transfer really struggle to deal with this year in Griffin. It just doesn't seem like this current regime (from the AD down) is actually concerned about these things until they hit and we have Bobby Bowden on our hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom