Looks like Ennis is going abroad | Syracusefan.com

Looks like Ennis is going abroad

Already out the Association smh.

If he stayed 4 years in college, he might’ve never gotten into the Association. He struck while the iron was hot.

For the majority of that college season I was thinking “great 4 year college PG” but he wasn’t striking me as a likely NBA guy. His stock went through the roof and he played 4 years in the NBA. Good for him.

Made $5M in 4 years. You’re the only one “SMH.”

Right. And will likely make quite a bit more overseas.

It’s too bad his shooting hasn’t really noticeably improved. If he was a little more dangerous with the jumper, I think he’d stick in the NBA. He runs the pick and roll well.

Does he really stand to make more overseas? I know the clubs generally pay the taxes and agents fees, but what is he looking at in salary?

Does he really stand to make more overseas? I know the clubs generally pay the taxes and agents fees, but what is he looking at in salary?
i meant more on top of what he's already earned, not more is in a greater salary than he made here

Made $5M in 4 years. You’re the only one “SMH.”

Of course.

But as a school that sends a kid to the league in the first round most years at some point we need to stop celebrating our players doing nothing in the NBA. At least he got a 2nd contract even if it was 1 year at the minimum the guys who have left since him and been drafted in the 1st might not even get that.

Well, he also has a pension of about $57,000 starting at age 62.
Top Pro Athlete Pension Plans

Wish I had $5 million and a $57k pension at the age of 25 as a basis for whatever I decided to do in life. People have to get over the idea that it’s better to stay in school. That is rarely the case and I don’t think any of our guys that left are an example of the rare instance where it is bettter to stay.

Last edited:
Of course.

But as a school that sends a kid to the league in the first round most years at some point we need to stop celebrating our players doing nothing in the NBA. At least he got a 2nd contract even if it was 1 year at the minimum the guys who have left since him and been drafted in the 1st might not even get that.

Or we should celebrate getting kids who were barely even top 50 recruits(Ennis, Malachi) or not even top 50 (Lydon) drafted in the first round within a year or two.

We’re not talking the top 10 kids that all go to Duke or Kentucky here.

I think we easily discredit guys for going overseas, but it makes a ton of sense.
Make incredibly good money, without having to constantly look over your shoulder at the next phenom who wants your spot? I’d take it.
Good for him.

We send a lot of mid-late lotto to late 1st round guys to the NBA.

Aside from stacked drafts, players drafted in that range are not typically expected to be stars. The mid - late lotto guys are expected to be solid role players and the mid - late 1st rounders may or may not stick.

Sometimes you find a Kawhi Leonard, but our guys aren’t wildly underperforming, we’re just not sending any Carmelo Anthony’s or Rony Seikaly’s o the league lately.

If this was a weak draft, make no mistake, Tyus would be gone and drafted mid-1st round. We got lucky that this draft was LOADED. Tyus made a, hopefully, smart business decision to lock down a 1st Round contract instead of risking going the Jerami Grant route, which worked out great for Jerami, but he is the exception to the rule.

I think we easily discredit guys for going overseas, but it makes a ton of sense.
Make incredibly good money, without having to constantly look over your shoulder at the next phenom who wants your spot? I’d take it.
Good for him.
overseas money is not huge like the nba, but it usually includes housing, food & car on top of the base salary (which are all provided by the team) and often the taxes are paid, as well. so even if you're "only" making $75k, it's all disposable income

overseas money is not huge like the nba, but it usually includes housing, food & car on top of the base salary (which are all provided by the team) and often the taxes are paid, as well. so even if you're "only" making $75k, it's all disposable income

That's exactly right. You also have to make sure you are in a reputable league and team as there have been some instances of guys not getting paid/checks not clearing. But it sounds like Tyler is with one of the best overseas teams so don't think that will be a problem in this case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom