Loose balls | Syracusefan.com

Loose balls

CuseTG2003

Starter
Obviously a disappointing loss. VA just seemed much hungrier and wanted it more. Hats off to them. Really impressed with their team, and their ACC regular season title is well deserved.

The one thing that frustrates me most is our inability to grab loose balls, especially off missed shots. It's really incredible how we often we fail in this area. It seemed like every loose ball today either ended up in VA player's hands or our guys would just let it go out of bounds and it'd be called off us. I'd like to see us try to get those balls heading out of bounds and not hope to get a call in our favor from the refs.

Classic Syracuse trademark is a lack of hustle to loose balls. We have had teams that defied this, however the vast majority do not scrap for the ball. You would figure in a blue collar town you would get a blue collar effort. This is my #1 issue with the team. Play hard and that is all that I ask really.

This year it seems they are scared to go for loose balls. Understandably so. Everytime Cooney gets one he gets speared by a linebacker.

My issue is with rebounds. We literally stare at half of them. And when they actually hit the ground in front of our players, we manage to kick them out of bounds or something.

I thought this thread was related to being nervous in your pants. Im a little relieved.

Hahaha. Well played.

The ball just didn't bounce our way today. I think we're a good team that can still be great. We just need some obvious improvement in a lot of areas. Grant's health being #1.

I agree about loose balls-Just like whenever we p-lay teams like Pitt and marquette, we get killed on the 50-50 loose balls. I also wonder if the short rotation affects this as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom