Los Angeles Hotel Advice | Syracusefan.com

Los Angeles Hotel Advice

shantydaze

Scout Team
A couple of years ago, my wife and I decided that we would take our nieces and nephews on graduation trips (part of our, "we don't have kids, so we will try to do things with our nieces and nephews we would have done with our own kids" philosophy). We have done two trips already (NYC and D.C.) and are planning our third for this summer to Los Angeles. Unlike NYC and D.C., which I had been to several times, I was only to Southern California once. As a result, I do not know the neighborhoods/areas as well when looking for hotels and/or AirBnBs.

First, money is an object, so we will not be staying at the Wilshire or Chateau Marmont. Also, we are not specifically sure what my niece will want to do (we will be there three full days, Sunday to Tuesday), which may affect the best location for us. Are there neighborhoods we should avoid? Are there neighborhoods that are relatively centrally located? How much of a drive would it be if we looked at either Ventura or Orange Counties?
Thanks in advance.

moqui might be your person for this.

I've only been to LA once, stayed in West Hollywood (loved WeHo, but was also going between Marina Del Rey and Glendale which is kind of bizarre for a single trip) at The Mondrian and loved it (I'm 40). But I definitely don't know enough to give you firmer advice.

My corporate office is in Orange County and I always fly into and out of John Wayne airport. It’s a much more manageable airport.

There are reasonably priced hotels by the airport. I have stayed at the Westin there and the Marriot. Both were fine. You can drive where you want to go, or uber. Also the Courtyard West side Culver City and the Four Points West side Culver City are decent lower priced options. I have also stayed at both. Currently I stay in the valley at the Courtyard in Woodland Hills. But that is where my son lives and probably not near where you want to be. Both the airport locations and the Culver City location will get you to beach towns ok and places like the Getty Center, and some of the studios. There is a lot to do in Santa Monica but hotel are expensive there. The Culver City also are good for those places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom