Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse at Louisville
Friday, November 20, 2020 | 7:00 p.m.
TV: ESPN | Anish Shroff '04, Tom Luginbill, Katie George

1605913360263.png

I think tonights game will have some very interesting implications... will we finally have a solid qb controversy?

I think it stays close. Cuse played well against BC and Louisville seems to be struggling now. Hawkins opting out and Atwell unclear if he's playing. Just seems like a game that could get interesting.

I think it stays close. Cuse played well against BC and Louisville seems to be struggling now. Hawkins opting out and Atwell unclear if he's playing. Just seems like a game that could get interesting.
Agree. I think this one stays close with SU having a chance to pull it out in the end. I thought I saw Atwell was doubtful for tonight? We need the running game to get going tonight to open things up.

I think we can score some points against them and we start to put things together a bit on Offense. We are surely going to need to. Louisville has the type of offense that has a history of torching us. I really like that Hawkins and Tutu are likely out, but an RPO QB like Cunningham and a RB like Hassan Hall, if playing, have the potential to just destroy us up the middle and around the edge. We are no bueno against the run. This game is going to come down to can we make some stops against the run on first down. Make some plays to limit them to 2 or 3 yards on first down. We can play it safe on D here and there but we can't play ultra conservative like we often do against teams or our D will be on the field the entire game and be completely gassed. We don't get beat deep on the outside so I would like to see us have our DB's playing run first a lot more often. We are going to have to devote some man power against their bread and butter which is the rung game, especially on first down. We need to consistently have someone keeping contain on the QB keepers around the edge and have everyone else shutting down up the middle. So maybe we get beat once on the outside for a TD by Fitzpatrick, so be it. But we can't get beat time after time in the run game for 8, 15, 7, 12 yards every play. Field position matters as well and them moving the ball down the field constantly isn't going to help. If we can stop them on First we can put our D in a position to create some turnovers in the later downs which Louisville is certainly prone to do. Get some turnovers on their end of the field to get some good field position. If we get beat being aggressive here and there so what. They are going to score some points anyway. If we don't play aggressive we will get beat all day long. Lets get aggressive and play to win. Go Cuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom