Louisville History | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville History

money3189

Hall of Fame
Last edited:

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Not out of question...this game could move to Friday or Thursday night. We will know within 6-7 weeks when ESPN releases first three weeks TV schedule.

corpjet

Board Prophet
Papa John’s or whatever their stadium
Is called needs to be burned to the ground, just once I would love to see us play a competitive game in that place……all that said we beat them to kick off the season like we did the last time Bobby Petrino led them into the dome!

TeamGlasses

Walk On
Takeaways

Went 1 v 1
Jalen Mitchelll is a tough RB
Good thing WR Harrell left
Cuse D can confuse Cunningham in the secondary - offense basically the same
Tenn Transfer Evans is big depth pickup - dont know how their passing game will be with not much FBS depth returning.

althea

pronouns - me,mine
The only thing I can offer re: Louisville history is this. I was playing an acoustic gig in Ashburn VA and during break I sat down at one of the bars to get a beer. Jay Gruden comes in and sits right next to me. I naturally started discussing football and mentioned I was a fan of Syracuse. Jay says they played Syracuse (he was QB at Louisville) and got beat so bad that their coach was so angry that he made the entire team get up at 6:00 the next morning and run wind sprints until they barfed. I liked that story.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2022 Iggy Winner: OOC Rcd
Louisville’s mediocre.

If we beat them we have reason to believe 6 wins is possible.

If we lose, much like 2017, this could be a rough season with a promising young team.

The downside this year vs 2017 is we have Tucker this year, and who knows if he leaves to go pro. He’s an RB so I’d say go.

Louisville is more like Rutgers south than NCSU at this point. NCSU wins too much to be called that

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
We had to travel there 3 years in a row. We lost the last 2 games 71-3. It's the first game of the year and the Dome opener.

We don't need anything else to motivate us.

By the way, it will be our 3rd straight game against Louisville where we didn't have a game the week before.