Louisville is stacked | Syracusefan.com

Louisville is stacked

kcsu

Living Legend
Petrino is pathetic but he can coach and the cardinals are extremely talented. They have possibly the best secondary in the league and might have the top overall D. On O their QB is lightening fast. This is going to be an extremely difficult game possibly our second toughest opponent this year.

Petrino is pathetic but he can coach and the cardinals are extremely talented. They have possibly the best secondary in the league and might have the top overall D. On O their QB is lightening fast. This is going to be an extremely difficult game possibly our second toughest opponent this year.
I hate Petrino,I hate Pitino and I don't even like Cardinals any more which I once thought was the most beautiful bird on the planet. Now I yell at them to get out of my trees. They are ,in my mind, the most hated rival now. No need to flood the " they're not our rival" posts...
Prediction... We win 3 weeks from yesterday and the shooting guard( O Connell?) commits to Cuse 3 weeks from today. Remember where you heard it.

And here I thought only Petrino's cycle mamas were the ones that were stacked.

I hate Petrino,I hate Pitino and I don't even like Cardinals any more which I once thought was the most beautiful bird on the planet. Now I yell at them to get out of my trees. They are ,in my mind, the most hated rival now. No need to flood the " they're not our rival" posts...
Prediction... We win 3 weeks from yesterday and the shooting guard( O Connell?) commits to Cuse 3 weeks from today. Remember where you heard it.

All nighter?

I was reading some stuff the other day on various college teams (gambling research..lol) and Louisville was the team that stuck out to me as well. They are so talented and are a borderline Top 10 team this year. They have so much talent and Love em or Hate Em Petrino will get the most out of them.

SU has essentially 4 teams that are Top 10 quality on their schedule and 2 of those you can make a case are Top 3 teams.

Stern said:
I was reading some stuff the other day on various college teams (gambling research..lol) and Louisville was the team that stuck out to me as well. They are so talented and are a borderline Top 10 team this year. They have so much talent and Love em or Hate Em Petrino will get the most out of them. SU has essentially 4 teams that are Top 10 quality on their schedule and 2 of those you can make a case are Top 3 teams.

It will still come down to their QB vs the Tampa 2. Can he find the spots and be patient?

Hope its not too little too late but I have been noticing an increase in radio/social media/television ads for season tickets and the football program. They had a fantastic commercial advertising ticks during the olympics.

Gotta make the Dome loud...SU says we are on track for 40k actual...gotta get it to 44k.
Whoa

Actual communication from the school?

I'm actually impressed at 40k actual three weeks out

Big push during fair and a solid week 1 can get north of 45k actual

Could there be some buzz?

It will still come down to their QB vs the Tampa 2. Can he find the spots and be patient?

If our D can stop the spread option. Otherwise, the safeties won't be able to sit back all day. Petrino could turn this into an ugly chess match.

We're going to need plenty of night Dome magic in this one. Crowd needs to show up and bring it. I'll do my part, even if I'm in a Dino coma by then (that's Dino the BBQ).

louisville is not top 10 there in the top 15-25 team range

Not sure what to think about Louisville. IMO they have underachieved since Petrino came back. His bread and butter is the passing game and he doesn't have a QB whose strength is passing. Teams are going to make them win it through the air.

Last year they were 0-5 vs the Sagarin Top 40 in the regular season. They did beat A&M (33rd) in their Bowl game, which was by far their best win. During the season they had only ONE Top 60 Sagarin win (#50 NC State). They also played a lot of close games. Auburn, Houston, and Clemson were all close losses. But they also had close wins over NC State, BC, Wake, and UVA. Glass half full they will turn those close losses into wins this year. Glass have empty they are nothing more than the 7-5 team they were last year.

I could see Louisville being a Top 15 team this year. But I could also see them being upset by a team or two below them. Luckily for them they have an extremely weak schedule. FSU and Clemson are the only sure fire Top 50 teams on their schedule. They could easily go 10-2 while winning a bunch of close games over inferior opponents.

I like that we have them game #2 where they won't be at their peak. In addition there is the possibility they over look us given our record last year and playing FSU the next week. However they kicked our ass last year so it will be a hard flip.

Not sure what to think about Louisville. IMO they have underachieved since Petrino came back. His bread and butter is the passing game and he doesn't have a QB whose strength is passing. Teams are going to make them win it through the air.

Last year they were 0-5 vs the Sagarin Top 40 in the regular season. They did beat A&M (33rd) in their Bowl game, which was by far their best win. During the season they had only ONE Top 60 Sagarin win (#50 NC State). They also played a lot of close games. Auburn, Houston, and Clemson were all close losses. But they also had close wins over NC State, BC, Wake, and UVA. Glass half full they will turn those close losses into wins this year. Glass have empty they are nothing more than the 7-5 team they were last year.

I could see Louisville being a Top 15 team this year. But I could also see them being upset by a team or two below them. Luckily for them they have an extremely weak schedule. FSU and Clemson are the only sure fire Top 50 teams on their schedule. They could easily go 10-2 while winning a bunch of close games over inferior opponents.

I like that we have them game #2 where they won't be at their peak. In addition there is the possibility they over look us given our record last year and playing FSU the next week. However they kicked our ass last year so it will be a hard flip.

They didn't kick our ass last year. Dungey was sent back into the game late because we still had a chance to win. Oh wait...

Yes. Calipari & whoever coaches their football team.

Ya know, i used to think cal was filthy, but pitino gas just been better at hiding it and dressing better providing a facade over the years. I actually like cal better.

Louisville is in the 20-25 range in the country.

But what the heck do I know... But let's not over exaggerate them. It's winnable. Unlike Clemson per say.

I get the feeling that this L'Ville game may be like our Friday night game vs. West Virginia Nassibs junior year. What a smoke job in a game nobody said we could win. I hadn't seen the dome rock like that since the 90's. That game put us at 5-2, and I remember a lot of people saying "We're back" after that game. We finished the year 5-7...lost the rest of our games.

I get the feeling that this L'Ville game may be like our Friday night game vs. West Virginia Nassibs junior year. What a smoke job in a game nobody said we could win. I hadn't seen the dome rock like that since the 90's. That game put us at 5-2, and I remember a lot of people saying "We're back" after that game. We finished the year 5-7...lost the rest of our games.
That years team did not have a full roster and a lot of the guys that played a lot of minuets were underclassmen . They got physically and mentally worn down . Same situation the team was in last year .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom