Louisville / Kansas / LSU / Arizona / Auburn / NC State / Memphis / Other NCAA Violations | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville / Kansas / LSU / Arizona / Auburn / NC State / Memphis / Other NCAA Violations

Lot's of posters point out that having the drug policy is not required, so why are schools punished. The problem is, if the University elects to have a drug policy, they must enforce it. My understanding is that Schools opt to have drug policies by choice because it benefits the school and the player. The NCAA does random drug testing before the NCAAT, bowls, etc. Players who test positive are immediately disqualified. Schools are attempting to stay ahead of the NCAA policy by getting to athletes ahead of time, educating, providing support, temporarily suspending, or whatever their policy states in order to avoid having a player disqualified for the post-season. They are trying to make sure their players are "clean" should they be randomly tested by the NCAA.

That's why schools get hammered for not enforcing their own drug policy.
Name another school that get hammered for this

Oklahoma State
Interesting. They were punished for sure, but no vacated wins. As I read through the NCAA.org write up of this, I'd say Okie State did far worse than SU, they cite a booster group that was performing illegal hosting events, knowingly. They accepted these self imposed sanctions that Okie State recommended as final punishment if I read this right. I still think SUs punishment is noticeably more severe considering what they were dinged for, and the admins need to show some backbone and fight for JBs wins to be restored.

Penalties and corrective actions self-imposed by the school and adopted by the panel include:

• A one-year probation period from April 24, 2015 through April 23, 2016.
  • A $5,000 fine
  • A $3,500 fine representing $500 for each of the seven games in which a football student-athlete participated when he should have been withheld.
  • A limit of 30 official visits per year during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 years (self-imposed by the university).
  • A reduction of coaches participating in off-campus evaluations by one (from 10 to nine in the fall and nine to eight in the spring) during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 years (self-imposed by the university).
  • A reduction in the number of evaluation days by 10 days in the fall and spring during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 years (self-imposed by the university).
  • The school and football program may not use the Orange Pride program, and may not organize another student group to assist in recruiting prospects for four years.

Interesting. They were punished for sure, but no vacated wins. As I read through the NCAA.org write up of this, I'd say Okie State did far worse than SU, they cite a booster group that was performing illegal hosting events, knowingly. They accepted these self imposed sanctions that Okie State recommended as final punishment if I read this right. I still think SUs punishment is noticeably more severe considering what they were dinged for, and the admins need to show some backbone and fight for JBs wins to be restored.

Penalties and corrective actions self-imposed by the school and adopted by the panel include:

• A $5,000 fine
  • A $3,500 fine representing $500 for each of the seven games in which a football student-athlete participated when he should have been withheld.
  • A limit of 30 official visits per year during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 years (self-imposed by the university).
  • A reduction of coaches participating in off-campus evaluations by one (from 10 to nine in the fall and nine to eight in the spring) during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 years (self-imposed by the university).
  • A reduction in the number of evaluation days by 10 days in the fall and spring during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 years (self-imposed by the university).
  • The school and football program may not use the Orange Pride program, and may not organize another student group to assist in recruiting prospects for four years.
Yeah, no doubt about seemingly arbitrary application of sanctions. The main point of my post was to dispel the myth that the NCAA can not or should not come down on you for not following your own drug policy. Especially since self selecting to have that policy is a benefit to the school and the athlete.

Was that their football program?

The funny thing is that their football program got the same penalty [i.e., a 4 scholarship reduction] as our basketball team, despite the 85 to 13 differential.

"Precedence," NCAA style!
I think the 2015 sanctions were specifically related to the football program.

• A $5,000 fine
I would guess that JB will have his wins restored some brief time after is formal retirement.

I would guess that JB will have his wins restored some brief time after is formal retirement.

I wonder. Joe Pa had his restored posthumously, I think in part because of their vocal fan and adminsitration support. I would like to see the same determination from the university for JB, but they seem reluctant to take up that charge

If biden wins sooner. He loves JB

Sort of unrelated to this topic but, will Boeheim ever get his wins back? Seems like if he was that it would’ve happened already.
No. The school and JB agreed to the sanctions and penalties.

Would anyone think less of me if I had a "throw down" on Oliver Luck in some random airport concourse?
Of course not. Maybe you can knock some sense into him or at the least make him bite his tongue off

Still, nothing but “crickets” when it comes to Duke/Zion.
1589375255080.jpeg

If their coach doesn't perish in flames, the system is irrevocably broken.

It almost assuredly already is -- which is why we have this $neaker money paying players, but the NCAA either gets this under control or they fail, per usual, and it is a sign that they'll never be able to enforce a level playing field for their membership.

UK was Cade's 2nd choice. He's either going to head there or go gleague

UK was Cade's 2nd choice. He's either going to head there or go gleague
Isn't his older brother on staff? Pretty much the reason why he went there. Are they both leaving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom