Louisville / Kansas / LSU / Arizona / Auburn / NC State / Memphis / Other NCAA Violations | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville / Kansas / LSU / Arizona / Auburn / NC State / Memphis / Other NCAA Violations

At some point I have to figure Syracuse will appeal to get all of their games reinstated? Why on earth did we roll over in this toxic environment of speeding violations throughout college sports?

Hes saying that self didnt know about it but theyre trying to stick it to him anyways. They are also saying that the adidas Grassroots employees were boosters of the program. That will be the legally nuanced issue that will be fought. I think self and ku are screwed even if they werent aware of the cheating.
NCAA Division I Bylaw 11.1. 1.1 states that a head coach is presumed to be responsible for the actions of all staff members who report, directly or indirectly, to the head coach.

Plausible deniability.
Nope. IMplausible deniability.

Bill Self with a little more fight than Jimmy B.
This is now about whether or not the NCAA becomes even more of an irrelevance than it is already. Bottom line if they don’t get something done, something with teeth, then we should DEMAND they reinstate JB’s wins.

...and meanwhile continue undaunted as head coaches hauling in recruit after recruit
LSU and Arizona have not received their Notification of Allegations yet, let alone their hearings.

LSU is gonna get a strong ass Notification.
There are supposed to be 6 Notifications that are ready to be delivered and the NCAA isn't talking about who will get them until they're delivered.

Hes saying that self didnt know about it but theyre trying to stick it to him anyways. They are also saying that the adidas Grassroots employees were boosters of the program. That will be the legally nuanced issue that will be fought. I think self and ku are screwed even if they werent aware of the cheating.

Self is guilty as they come but he and Kansas have absolutely no reason to comply. Follow the UNC strategy of fighting not the Syracuse policy of compliance. Playing along only leads to penalties.
Im sorry, I want to see these schools pay. Why should we suffer the harsh penalties we got, but these other schools get away with paying players (much worse than anything we did)? No thank you. They should be penalized according to the rules in place. Then after, we can talk about reforming the broken system.

Last edited:
Im sorry, I want to see these schools pay. Why should we suffer the harsh penalties we got, but these other schools get away with paying players (much worse)? No thank you. They should be penalized according to the rules in place. Then after, we can talk about reforming the broken system.

The NCAA policy of hammering schools that self report or play along has given schools no other option than fight it. If you cooperate they come down hard so might as well tell the NCAA to fock off. Once notified of infractions you can only hope the UNC strategy works and you get off. This is entirely on the NCAA for encouraging this behavior.

Vitale's stance here is nearly a 180 from his Twitter back-and-forth with John Feinstein last week, which was specific to Oklahoma State (at least from Vitale's side of the equation). It was an exchange worth finding if you are a CBB fan.

There are a lot of people operating under the misconception that the NCAA has already penalized Louisville for the more serious alleged infractions associated with the Adidas / $$$ scandal, since they fired Pitino and nothing else happened in the interim.

This is only the first step of what will likely be significant sanctions. They are going to get HAMMERED for being dirty as hell while already under probation.

BTW, their university president is smart for preemptively throwing down the gloves, and challenging the NCAA. I wish that SU fought back a lot harder instead of being so cooperative with that kangaroo court.
Never ever cooperate with the NCAA when they investigate. Fight literally everything tooth and nail - even the small stuff.

Never ever cooperate with the NCAA when they investigate. Fight literally everything tooth and nail - even the small stuff.
Unfortunately, that is the lesson. How Self and Pitino are allowed to coach is beyond me. Total disgrace. NCAA is corrupt to the core. Money making machine. That is it. Dump the NCAA today.

The dance between the NCAA, revenue athletics, the sports media is such a phony facade to protect the golden goose.

"Emmert received a 60% raise in 2017 [to $3.9 million per year] while college basketball was being investigated by the FBI for corruption."

And they just can't seem to find the money to fund non-revenue sports. Weird.

Hot take: All programs cheat at some level Some are just better at hiding it than others and playing dumb with the NCAA investigators who are shocked, shocked, that there is gambling at Rick's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom