Louisville - What I’m Hoping to See | Syracusefan.com

Louisville - What I’m Hoping to See

bigmike

Connoisseur of head and legroom.
I’m coming into the season with fairly high expectations. I’m excited about the coaching hires on the offensive side of the ball because I believe that these hires will result in a higher level of professionalism and efficiency. I expect to see better clock management, better and more strategic use of time outs, and many fewer 3rd and longs.

On the defensive side, I am hopeful that the young line will be up to the task, and that they will develop game by game. I believe the back 7 will be solid and the depth that the team has built will keep them competing at a high level well into November.

Now, regarding the Louisville game a week from now, I expect to see:
  • A diversified and unpredictable offense keyed on (and decoyed off) the talents of Mr. Sean Tucker.
  • An offensive line that can block for the run game, but also create and hold a pocket
  • GS completing 60% + of his pass attempts
  • Very few 3rd and >8 yards
  • At least some recognition that the middle of the field exists in the passing game
  • On D, I hope to see at least 1 turnover
  • Consistent pressure on Mr. Cunningham which results in some non damaging scrambles
  • LB’s doing what they do
  • I also want to see our Groza kicker come back to life, and a much improved punting game.
Really excited to get back to the dome - LGO!

Just win the turnover battle and we win.

Recent performances against Lville have been dreadful but their talent level isn't world's better than ours so that we should be afraid. They've also played us in November in recent years when we've been decimated by injuries... We're healthy and plenty talented.

I want us to look like we're playing competent, intentional football in all three phases of the game.

I want us to play our game in front of our home fans. None of this trash like Rutgers last season where we allowed them to drag us down into the mud.

If we play like we have in the past against them, we will quickly become even greater fodder for the college football world of analysts and talking heads

If we win, we at least put ourselves in conversation to be respectable and bowl bound (possibly)

I’m coming into the season with fairly high expectations. I’m excited about the coaching hires on the offensive side of the ball because I believe that these hires will result in a higher level of professionalism and efficiency. I expect to see better clock management, better and more strategic use of time outs, and many fewer 3rd and longs.

On the defensive side, I am hopeful that the young line will be up to the task, and that they will develop game by game. I believe the back 7 will be solid and the depth that the team has built will keep them competing at a high level well into November.

Now, regarding the Louisville game a week from now, I expect to see:
  • A diversified and unpredictable offense keyed on (and decoyed off) the talents of Mr. Sean Tucker.
  • An offensive line that can block for the run game, but also create and hold a pocket
  • GS completing 60% + of his pass attempts
  • Very few 3rd and >8 yards
  • At least some recognition that the middle of the field exists in the passing game
  • On D, I hope to see at least 1 turnover
  • Consistent pressure on Mr. Cunningham which results in some non damaging scrambles
  • LB’s doing what they do
  • I also want to see our Groza kicker come back to life, and a much improved punting game.
Really excited to get back to the dome - LGO!
734B9FEA-6F98-46A9-9D6D-F084BE59E4C6.jpeg

I want us to look like we're playing competent, intentional football in all three phases of the game.

I want us to play our game in front of our home fans. None of this trash like Rutgers last season where we allowed them to drag us down into the mud.
Gilbert is gone so we won’t see our best player getting the ball only 10 times like the Rutgers game. So that will help

Then there was this:

Amazingly, Malik Cunningham played in this game and will play in next week's game as well.
I actually rewatched that game and Dungey did not play well. The defense, Moe Neal and Andre Szmyt saved the day.

Wish we had an Alec Lemon. Didn’t have a lot of speed but the man knew how to run a route and had nice hands.

As a Senior, yes - Lemon was quite good.

I believe he’s still running wide open thru the Mizzou secondary as we speak. ;)

But - let’s not forget that his hands weren’t always the best -
He was dubbed “Lemon drops” for a while by some less-than-charitable fans.

Gilbert is gone so we won’t see our best player getting the ball only 10 times like the Rutgers game. So that will help
But if it wasn't for some terrible calls, Orange would have won that game.

One word we’ve lacked vs UL for a decade.

Physicality.

You go out there and you beat the piss out of their lines and whoever touches the ball.

Hard for their skill players to plan a move when they know they’re going to get lit up.

UL is much more explosive and athletic. You beat them by wearing them down and making them think twice about contact.

Kick their ass.

No bs, go 100% from play one and seize the momentum. Keep the crowd engaged and loud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom