Love Battle, but | Syracusefan.com

Love Battle, but

Cuse_NYC

Starter
if there was ever a guy who could use one more yr to improve his draft stock, it’s him. Deep draft as well. Jumper needs so much work.

The hitch/double-clutch thing almost gives more time for a defender to get closer to the ball it seems. I don’t know...weird. Just go up with it and let it rip.

Brissett needs to be the guy at the end. Battle always pulls up. OB gives us some variety.

battle can get us close, but when we need that 1 big shot to get us over the hump he never makes it. or turns it over. or passes.

Eh, that's too strong of a statement. He made the game winner against Maryland. He made a bunch of clutch threes vs. Georgetown. He hit a critical three late against Miami. He hit the buzzer beater at Clemson last year. Also, everyone remembers Gillons buzzer beater vs Duke but it was Battle who won that game for us with bucket after bucket late second half.

Last edited:
he does seem to have at least a couple crazy out of control turnovers every game though too where he just loses the ball.

I'm not sure what people are talking about in this thread, Battle definitely makes some bonehead plays but he's also made a bunch of big shots throughout his short career here as Eric15 listed above.

if there was ever a guy who could use one more yr to improve his draft stock, it’s him. Deep draft as well. Jumper needs so much work.

If you can get yourself drafted with some guaranteed money, it makes more sense to get paid to work on improving your game than doing it for free with no security blanket in case of catastrophe. I'd love for Battle to buck the trend and come back for another year but I think he'll get an early second round evaluation, so he gone.

If you can get yourself drafted with some guaranteed money, it makes more sense to get paid to work on improving your game than doing it for free with no security blanket in case of catastrophe. I'd love for Battle to buck the trend and come back for another year but I think he'll get an early second round evaluation, so he gone.
He’s not even seen as a first rder... what’s best case? Drafted 29th?

our offense is 70 % battle or howard slashing. if a dolt like me sees this what makes you think a million dollar coach ain't figured it out. we are totally predictable on offense and defense.

I disagree. This game was a clear showing of our lack of interior offense. Our forwards can’t score and our center is invisible. On defense they are almost as bad.

Well, that's also true, but I consider them givens

I'm talking about variables here

He's made several game winners for us

This game was coaching (2-3 zone) and refs calls on contact inside both ways
He has also lost us several times in the end. Great one on one guy not great team guy. Definatley needs another year, but he will go anyways cause of intangibles.

He has also lost us several times in the end. Great one on one guy not great team guy. Definatley needs another year, but he will go anyways cause of intangibles.

That's not fair

Guys who win you games will always lose you games at end by definition...you're lucky to have someone that will win a game

It's not his fault the team has no alternate defense, is weak on the interior and has no offense to speak of.

Look I love Battle. Very explosive and would be better with rest in a game. Does every now and then. Just want him to realize that in a tight game each possession is extremely important. W or l important.

I'm not sure some of us are watching the same game. Tyus is ready. If we had an outside threat to keep defenses honest...like almost any other JB team in our history...Tyus would be putting up huge numbers.

He gets more weak side help defenders than almost any player in our history, and he's still getting to the rim and finishing.

Those final possessions...teams are throwing the kitchen sink at him.

It is literally 2.5 on 5 every possession. Frank and Tyus are scoring at incredibley efficient rates given the team's overall makeup.

Eh, that's too strong of a statement. He made the game winner against Maryland. He made a bunch of clutch threes vs. Georgetown. He hit a critical three late against Miami. He hit the buzzer beater at Clemson last year. Also, everyone remembers Gillons buzzer beater vs Duke but it was Battle who won that game for us with bucket after bucket late second half.
Also made late 3 @ FSU to send game to OT.
Bears mention that next year he will get more calls too, earning the refs respect. If he sticks around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom