Love when the magazines come out, but this makes me sad. | Syracusefan.com

Love when the magazines come out, but this makes me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
As much as the staff might have botched this, I more despise the transfer portal, Seton Hall and Kevin Willard. Hopefully Richmond has a great season, but he also could have had a nice Syracuse career.

That said, I am so old school that I love buying and dissecting these magazines that thankfully they are still publishing them. And that the stores in Albany has this cover and not with someone from Yukon on it. Now I have something to read when it rains on Monday.

1666365292110.png

As much as the staff might have botched this, I more despise the transfer portal, Seton Hall and Kevin Willard. Hopefully Richmond has a great season, but he also could have had a nice Syracuse career.

That said, I am so old school that I love buying and dissecting these magazines that thankfully they are still publishing them. And that the stores in Albany has this cover and not with someone from Yukon on it. Now I have something to read when it rains on Monday.

View attachment 221343
I would rather have Mintz than Kadary

100% - even giving up size / experience. Better fit and all around player.

Based on my expectations for Judah, I agree. And KR probably wouldn't have averaged 21 mpg last year here like he did his freshmen year, but maybe things could have evolved differently. We'll never know.

I like the transfer portal changes for this reason. Keep guys who want to be here. The guys who want to leave have less of a barrier to do so. Win-win.

Kadary played a good number of minutes for a freshman in a power program and power conference. If those minutes weren’t enough for him or he didn’t like the restrictions on what he was allowed to do on the court, then that’s a Kadary problem, which he was able to solve by leaving.

I don’t know everything that happened off the court. I suspect he felt like he was miles and miles better than Girard and Girard should have been on the bench all game long. Maybe there was more to it. But, ultimately, we couldn’t give the freshman what he wanted. Hopefully the pastures will be greener for both parties.

Does Street and Smith's still exist? that was the shizzle. I'd spend most of my time on the lesser known conferences and voraciously memorize their star players so I could sound like a master come tourney time and these little know schools would be in the bracket. I recall Mr. Jennings of ETSU and Fennis Dembo of wyoming being a couple such characters.

I was surprised that Kadary didn't have a better season but whenever I saw Seton Hall he looked good. I'm still really hurt we lost him -- make no mistake he is a special player

Kadary's going to transfer magazines because Joe got a bigger picture.

Does Street and Smith's still exist? that was the shizzle. I'd spend most of my time on the lesser known conferences and voraciously memorize their star players so I could sound like a master come tourney time and these little know schools would be in the bracket. I recall Mr. Jennings of ETSU and Fennis Dembo of wyoming being a couple such characters.
I loved Street & Smith, but my favorite was the Big East Yearbook.

I watched many Seton Hall games last year. KR was an ok player but most of his defensive play was chasing players around the court. Where his defensive ability at SU emanated from the zone the tips and the steals are things that made him a special player.

Kadary decided he’d rather transfer than earn a position in our starting rotation. His effort shows on the court. He looked a step behind his teammates last season.

100% - even giving up size / experience. Better fit and all around player.
All day

Man, I respect all of you as posters. But Kadary has already proven what he can do at this level, at 2 different schools. Now he’s an upperclassman.

Judah hasn’t played a second of D1 ball yet.

How many people would have taken Jimmy B to be better than Benny Williams last year? Just because you’re a highly touted freshman doesn’t guarantee anything.

I hope Judah is great, but we don’t want to set ourselves up for disappointment here. Kadary is very good.

Man, I respect all of you as posters. But Kadary has already proven what he can do at this level, at 2 different schools. Now he’s an upperclassman.

How many people would have taken Jimmy B to be better than Benny Williams last year? Just because you’re a highly touted freshman doesn’t guarantee anything.

I hope Judah is great, but we don’t want to set ourselves up for disappointment here. Kadary is very good.
He was not good at all last year. The numbers are the numbers. Judah is the better prospect.

Kadary decided he’d rather transfer than earn a position in our starting rotation. His effort shows on the court. He looked a step behind his teammates last season.
Depends if you believe there was any chance whatsoever that earning a starting spot was a possibility. Not sure anyone here can say if it was or not.

Depends if you believe there was any chance whatsoever that earning a starting spot was a possibility. Not sure anyone here can say if it was or not.
If Stephon Marbury couldn't start here, what chance did Richmond have?

Kadary did whats best and easiest for Kadary.

We all read the inside reports before he came to campus about his effort on the court and in practice.

He’s an outstanding talent and at the time I was very excited about what he could become if he put in the extra work.

It will be interesting. Kadary averaged around 4 more mpg but lost 5 pts on his shooting pct, had an A/T ratio of 1.5 vs 1.9 as a frosh, averaged fewer steals per 40 and then in had 6 turnovers in his Hall NCAA debut getting blown out by TCU.

This year they lose their top 3 scorers with several transfers and no identity. He should get all the usage he could ever want but will have little to any help like he did this past year despite not setting the world on fire like expected. Dawes and Okudale plus the returnees and frosh look far from the loaded backcourt full of shooters they had last year.

I don't want to talk about KR. I'm looking forward to this team, but we're not going to RetCon this storyline.

He beat JGIII in PER, TS%, eFG%, WS/40, OBPM. DBPM, BPM and FG%.

The difference on defense was about as stark as it could get. There was nothing about "earning" a position.

But JB did his thing and we were under .500 last year.

Again, I don't care about KR anymore. I don't care if he gets drafted. Don't care if he becomes an accountant. But as it pertains to Syracuse, we need to make sure JB makes this team more of a meritocracy or else we're staring at another bad to mediocre season.

I don't want to talk about KR. I'm looking forward to this team, but we're not going to RetCon this storyline.

The difference on defense was about as stark as it could get. There was nothing about "earning" a position.

Again, I don't care about KR anymore. I don't care if he gets drafted. Don't care if he becomes an accountant. But as it pertains to Syracuse, we need to make sure JB makes this team more of a meritocracy or else we're staring at another bad to mediocre season.

Nor should we- sadly his program and coach choice will always be a limiting factor for him and we don't need to care or follow to know that.

We've got a couple months now for JB and this highly regarded class( according to him) to shift the narrative and add a positive light to his final years of coaching and a bridge to the future. Yes ACC play matters but it's doing what SU is supposed to do in non conference play I'm keying in on first.

I have my complaints about JB and the direction this programs going. KR’s not one of them

I have my complaints about JB and the direction this programs going. KR’s not one of them

That's fine. But that's different than saying he didn't earn a spot/more time.

Again, I don't give a hoot about KR. Literally. Unless he can help the Knicks somehow, he doesn't matter to me.

Again, I don't give a hoot about KR. Literally. Unless he can help the Knicks somehow, he doesn't matter to me.

At this point we would need something divine to help the Knicks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom