Low-fare Frontier Airlines coming to Syracuse | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Low-fare Frontier Airlines coming to Syracuse

I mean what's to hate about a 13 hour layover?
Works if you have a G/F in said lay over... ;-)

You have to be real careful with some of those Frontier itineraries...check to make sure how long the layover is.

Works if you have a G/F in said lay over... ;-)

You have to be real careful with some of those Frontier itineraries...check to make sure how long the layover is.
The company is shady for sure.

I booked a vacation in Orlando last July or August. A really long time ago. Got an email last night telling me PURCHASE CONFIRMATION on this flight booked 8 or 9 months ago.

I had booked a flight from Orlando to Syracuse on a Sunday morning in March. Direct flight. Left Orlando at 7:54 am, arrived in Syracuse at 11:05 am.

This email had a little surprise in it. Instead of flying from Orlando to Syracuse direct early Sunday morning, I was now booked for a flight from Orlando to Miami Sunday night. At like 9:50 pm. And then I had a layover over night at the Miami airport and a direct flight from Miami to Syracuse leaving at 6:00 am. Getting to Syracuse around 10 am.

Um, no.

I found it just looking at the bookings for a document I was compiling listing all the flights my family was taking as part of this vacation. It ended up pretty complicated.

Anyway, there was a popup window on this particular reservation saying to call a 801 number for Frontier. So I did. No option to talk to a real person. I got switched at one point to a voice menu for preferred customers. Finally after passionately asking for to talk to a sales rep for minutes, I got put on hold. 45 minutes later, finally was able to talk to someone. They eventually explained that the Sunday direct flight from Orlando to Syracuse had been canceled, so their software selected the best possible fit as a replacement itinerary for me. I told them I needed a better fit. Was given the option of a direct flight from Orlando to Syracuse on Saturday or Sunday night instead. I ended up taking the Saturday night flight.

But Mark is right. Caveat emptor. Trust no one. The discount airlines are nice but you have to watch them closely. And never trust them when a major pandemic starts to break out. Oh, they boned me well when that happened in March of 2020. But that is a story for another day...

I hate that they end this service in the fall. Right before we play a football game at Duke, NC State or Wake.

It is going to happen again this year. At least we will have Southwest as an option I. 2022. Gotta transfer in Baltimore but the price is right.

I hate that they end this service in the fall. Right before we play a football game at Duke, NC State or Wake.

It is going to happen again this year. At least we will have Southwest as an option I. 2022. Gotta transfer in Baltimore but the price is right.

That's what happened to me when we played at Duke in 2019. The Frontier service from Albany to RDU ended the Tuesday before the game. It cost us (family of four) like an additional $1200 to get down using a combination of Southwest and United, and left us with the dreaded connection in that pygmy terminal at Newark.

That's what happened to me when we played at Duke in 2019. The Frontier service from Albany to RDU ended the Tuesday before the game. It cost us (family of four) like an additional $1200 to get down using a combination of Southwest and United, and left us with the dreaded connection in that pygmy terminal at Newark.
Hoping the traffic convinces them to someday make this a year round route. Every time I fly on it, it is very crowded.

my next flight is coming back from Ft L. I had lots of choices and times into Buf/Roc but I went with the direct flight to Buf even if it required some extra work to get picked up because for the money it saved a ton of time and left at a better time anyway.. a month later i get notified by SW that the flight was cancelled and now I was leaving at 6am and a layover so the flight was gonna end up getting me here later than the direct flight that left 6-7s later would have.. I was free to move to another flight of which the choice was earlier time or 10 min later..

I ended up calling and saying I wanted to move the flight to land in Roc since it made things easier and the time coming in was better and the time leaving was much better like 10am. they said not possible since its not a sister airport.. Their response was whats the big deal you still end up where you wanted you just lose 10 hrs of your day.. I argued well if the direct flight had not been offered I would have never chosen to land in Buff and I would have had my choice of times to leave and land, but since you waited a month to cancel my flight I had no options there but I had lots of Roc options..

Took some complaining but they finally got a supervisor to do it.

to me if I cancel a flight or switch, thats on me. But if they do it late, they better be flexible..

my next flight is coming back from Ft L. I had lots of choices and times into Buf/Roc but I went with the direct flight to Buf even if it required some extra work to get picked up because for the money it saved a ton of time and left at a better time anyway.. a month later i get notified by SW that the flight was cancelled and now I was leaving at 6am and a layover so the flight was gonna end up getting me here later than the direct flight that left 6-7s later would have.. I was free to move to another flight of which the choice was earlier time or 10 min later..

I ended up calling and saying I wanted to move the flight to land in Roc since it made things easier and the time coming in was better and the time leaving was much better like 10am. they said not possible since its not a sister airport.. Their response was whats the big deal you still end up where you wanted you just lose 10 hrs of your day.. I argued well if the direct flight had not been offered I would have never chosen to land in Buff and I would have had my choice of times to leave and land, but since you waited a month to cancel my flight I had no options there but I had lots of Roc options..

Took some complaining but they finally got a supervisor to do it.

to me if I cancel a flight or switch, thats on me. But if they do it late, they better be flexible..
Couple of months ago both my wife and I were given $500 in vouchers by Southwest for realllly f-ing up.

I really don’t trust frontier, but I need to give them a shot at some point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom