Loyola Game Thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Loyola Game Thread...

Let me air a pet peeve here. I think it's wrong to require players to attend a post-game interview after a season-ending loss. I think Desko needs to tell the press that he'll answer the questions but that the locker room is otherwise closed. The pain these players are feeling, their depth of emotion, needs to be a private thing. The press, in their hunger for a story, seem insensitive to this. I recall a couple of years ago after a tournament loss, a reporter asking a senior (I think it might have been Evan Molloy) something like, "How does it feel to be on the first Syracuse class in years not to make Championship Weekend?" Really!?
That said, I am deeply impressed by the team spirit and cohesion of this year's group. They were a flawed team but they were damn easy to root for.

Let me air a pet peeve here. I think it's wrong to require players to attend a post-game interview after a season-ending loss. I think Desko needs to tell the press that he'll answer the questions but that the locker room is otherwise closed. The pain these players are feeling, their depth of emotion, needs to be a private thing. The press, in their hunger for a story, seem insensitive to this. I recall a couple of years ago after a tournament loss, a reporter asking a senior (I think it might have been Evan Molloy) something like, "How does it feel to be on the first Syracuse class in years not to make Championship Weekend?" Really!?
That said, I am deeply impressed by the team spirit and cohesion of this year's group. They were a flawed team but they were damn easy to root for.

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that Syracuse University knows more about journalism than you do.

NCAA Tournament. NCAA Rules.

Check out the press conferences after the Men's and Women's Basketball teams lost.

Point taken about NCAA rules. I guess that means my pet peeve should be aimed higher than Coach Desko. That said, NCAA rules don't require insensitive or asinine questions.

I understand your point regarding post-game interviews but I think it's a great opportunity for young people to challenge themselves to deal with their emotions in a difficult situation.

Mellen was remarkably composed; kudos to him for displaying that maturity.

No shame in Curry and Rehfuss still having raw emotions on the podium; everyone processes their stuff differently.

I think it's a good thing for college-aged people to experience; especially if they pursue a career in the public sphere.

Just my worthless $0.02.

I understand your point regarding post-game interviews but I think it's a great opportunity for young people to challenge themselves to deal with their emotions in a difficult situation.

Mellen was remarkably composed; kudos to him for displaying that maturity.

No shame in Curry and Rehfuss still having raw emotions on the podium; everyone processes their stuff differently.

I think it's a good thing for college-aged people to experience; especially if they pursue a career in the public sphere.

Just my worthless $0.02.
Again, good points. Given the rules, I think the coach deserves credit for bringing out juniors to speak and not graduating seniors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom