Loyola Game Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Loyola Game Thread...

It's been a long time since I posted here. This loss is on Desko and no one else. Why would anyone put in their backup FOGO guy in late in the game to lose seven or eight faceoffs in a row and change the entire complexion of the game? And wait until Loyola catches up to go back to Phaup? I've been a Desko supporter for a long time, but this is just mind boggling and unacceptable. As far as I'm concerned a coaching change can't come fast enough, because the coaches just gave this one away, again! Clean house now and restore a once proud Syracuse program that right now can't recruit and has not changed with the times.

Don’t be fooled by anything this team does in the offseason or next season. The cast has been set. They’re never going to another Final 4 under Desko.

It's been a long time since I posted here. This loss is on Desko and no one else. Why would anyone put in their backup FOGO guy in late in the game to lose seven or eight faceoffs in a row and change the entire complexion of the game? And wait until Loyola catches up to go back to Phaup? I've been a Desko supporter for a long time, but this is just mind boggling and unacceptable. As far as I'm concerned a coaching change can't come fast enough, because the coaches just gave this one away, again! Clean house now and restore a once proud Syracuse program that right now can't recruit and has not changed with the times.

I was watching on my phone so I missed some of those draws. Was Varello really taking most of them? You can't be serious

Wounds still fresh but it's time for the university to tip its cap and Thank John for his years with the school and his hall of fame career and move on. This is not Syracuse lacrosse.

Agree. I'm not going to pretend I'm a lacrosse expert but to continually blow leads like we did this year would seem to indicate some sort of strategy/coaching issue. I don't expect a Final 4 every year like the old days - too much has changed in the lacrosse world. But I think once a graduating class is still very reasonable.

Don’t be fooled by anything this team does in the offseason or next season. The cast has been set. They’re never going to another Final 4 under Desko.

Hard to disagree unfortunately. Sad state of affairs.

He'll be 62 in August. A nice time to retire.

And I mean lets be honest, next year on paper if we find some production from the attack looks very promising, until early May that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom