1. If you are getting script errors or redirects, please click here and switch to the "Alternate Style." You can dismiss this notice by clicking the little x at the top right of this box. If you still have a problem, email me at: tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Shrmdougluvr

Shrmdougluvr Starter

Anyone in Upstate/Central NY planning on going to the game at Death Valley in September. I am strongly considering it, but don't have the time to turn it into a New Orleans vacation. Any thoughts on getting there and getting out? If you fly into New Orleans, is there a shuttle that gets you up to Baton Rouge? Is it better just to fly into Baton Rouge? Is SU going to do a charter of some sort?

Any insights are appreciated.

2. OburgCuse

OburgCuse 2nd String

I will definitely be going...actually already tentatively reserved a room in NOLA. We will be staying in NOLA for 3-4 days...probably flying from NC but not 100% on that yet. Maybe if we had a good contingent of SU fans staying in the city then there would be the possibility of getting together for a bus or shuttle to and from the game.

Shrmdougluvr and OburgOrange like this.
  3. CUSU

CUSU Starter

Will be there, for sure.

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  4. CuseTroop

CuseTroop Straight Up Good Looking

I can't provide any insight, but will be there 100%. We have 6+ other Alaskans already committed for this trip with us.

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  5. OburgOrange

OburgOrange All American

2 here. ( fingers crossed)

6. Trueblue25

Trueblue25 Living Legend

Maybe heading down with 2 friends

Shrmdougluvr and orange_in_VA like this.
  7. OttoinGrotto

OttoinGrotto 2016 Iggy Winner

Trying to convince the Mrs. that this will be a worthwhile trip.

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  8. orange_in_VA

orange_in_VA Starter

Not in upstate NY (VA) but I'm planning on going. Won't know for sure until the end of summer. I'm also planning on going to Japan for a couple weeks next summer, so money and PTO will be factors since I'd like to make it an extended weekend trip. Never been down there before. A game at LSU is on my bucket list. I can't believe I have an opportunity to see Cuse play there.

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  9. chugg21

chugg21 2nd String

Without question will be down there for it. Combine Cuse game with my favorite city & what I'd consider the best college football atmosphere in the country. I imagine that it will be a lot more expensive to fly into Baton Rouge but the drive from Nola is really simple and you can make a pit stop in Abita Springs at the Abita brewery and take a tour of the brewery which includes a free 10 minute free for all at their taps.

OburgCuse and Shrmdougluvr like this.
  10. Domedog84

Domedog84 Walk On

My dad and I are heading down for sure

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  11. upperdeck

upperdeck Hall of Fame

anyone figure out the best way to fly down there that time of year? figure you cant fly out of Syr, Roch, Buffalo do get more choices but I think there is no direct flights from up here so its a matter of how you want to connect

also seems like its cheaper to fly into New Orleans but you need to figure on how to get the 70 miles to the game.

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  12. orangesox44

orangesox44 Walk On

I'll def be going to this one, Can't miss game,

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  13. SUFaninNJ

SUFaninNJ All American

My bro in law and I are planning on it. He'll be jetting out of Syr., and me from Jersey. I've been looking forward to this one for awhile!

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  14. Holeinthe

Holeinthe Walk On

We are a few hours from Baton Rouge hoping to make the trip. Originally from Albany area. I'll be honest haven't been to Syracuse games because they rarely play anywhere close and I am a big time Miami fan and attend a lot their games.

Did make it to Fayetteville to see the BB team beat Arkansas though

Shrmdougluvr and Jeremy L. like this.
  15. Jeremy L.

Jeremy L. Starter

Ah the night James Southerland went off!

Shrmdougluvr and orange79 like this.
  16. NineOneSeven

NineOneSeven Living Legend

Hoping to have a little college roommate reunion at this game

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  17. Consigliere

Consigliere Starter

At this point it's a coin flip between Baton Rouge and Miami, but a homecoming for CajunCuse would be hard to pass up!

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  18. Headmaster 9

Headmaster 9 Scout Team

We are definitely going(min 2, possibly 4). Will fly into NOLA and rent a car.

Shrmdougluvr likes this.
  19. Shrmdougluvr

Shrmdougluvr Starter

At this point i am thinking that my entire family (me, mrs., two boys, 7 & 4) will fly into NOLA, rent a car and stay in Baton Rouge Friday and Saturday. Then, head back to NOLA for two more nights and fly back. I am a little concerned about the 4-year-olds ability to handle the game. It looking like it will run between $1500 - $2000 round trip on US Airways out of Albany. I don't think Southwest has posted its rates yet.

When the rumor that the Miami game was going to be played on Columbus Day weekend, i must admit my focused shifted to a long weekend in South Florida, which would have been logistically and financially easier. But Tiger Stadium is one of the few sporting venues on my bucket list.

20. Shrmdougluvr

Shrmdougluvr Starter

Just booked my hotels. Two nights in Baton Rouge at the Hyatt Place. Two more in New Orleans at the Hyatt Centric. Cost me a total of 40000 Hyatt points. Pretty good value - averages out to like $.04 per point.