LSU fires Will Wade | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LSU fires Will Wade

Smart/Waters/Williams/Reid are probably all dirty recruits. LSU is not a basketball school yet they had quite a haul that has helped them with a nice season so far. NCAA has to hammer these coaches/programs.

Meanwhile there is a very active thread on our very own board saying Boeheim needs to go because we missed on some recruits and we have lost a few games to Top 5 teams, at least one of which is packed with bought players. Others would tar and feather him for minor violations. The NCAA would truck a nuclear bomb into JB's office if he so much as provided a mustard packet for a kid's Dome Dog. This is what the guy is competing with. Maybe it might be reasonable to cut him a little benefit of the doubt.

Cheat better imo

Just a guy out proving his innocence
Wow. Watch, over and over again, at 0:09 of this video, how his facial expression changes when the reporter says "Doesn't look good". Wade's face is the definition of "Oh *t". You can literally see the wind being knocked out of him.

At this point it’s almost like competing in a totally different sport. So have two Tournaments;

“The Cheater Bracket”
- Arizona
- LSU
- Miami
- Kansas
- Kentucky
- Louisville
- (Many others)

“The Clean Bracket”
- Syracuse & who else???
- Gonzaga?
- Villanova?
- Michigan?

I like our odds a lot better in this more “level playing field”

Just a guy out proving his innocence
just ask him a direct yes or no question and he won't be able to evade by saying he hasn't read the report

"coach, have you ever attempted to facilitate a payment to a recruit or to someone associated with a recruit in order to secure his commitment?"

Cant wait for the fires to start burning. Its why I no longer stress over Cuse hoops and College basketball in general. They are all cheating, its just a matter of to what degree. I think we can all agree that SU is clearly cheap and not willing to pay the big bucks anymore...or JB is so gunshy that he isn't willing to play in that sandbox now... either way, whatever

I was baffled at first as to why SU (and some other programs) wouldn't consider an unnamed PG that LSU ended up signing, but JAB hasn't been playing those games.

Will Wade said, sure.

To be fair, considering what Ben Simmons (another odd recruit for LSU) said about his coach Johnny Jones, the rot was probably there long before Wade.

Simmons had a connection to LSU. Reid is more likely to have been paid than Waters. The options were slim for Tremont after he decommited when he did.

Some of these blatant cheaters need to perish in flames.

Otherwise, what's the disincentive?[/QU

It didn't hurt Kelvin Sampson or Bruce Pearl. Just wait it out and bingo, they are back in the tourney. Or maybe better yet hired by Espn. It's quite a fiasco.

There was a thread maybe a year ago asking if we should purposely cheat because who cares if we get caught, and I couldn't believe how many people said yes.

I don't want to be anything like LSU. I'm like Bob Cousy in Blue Chips.

just ask him a direct yes or no question and he won't be able to evade by saying he hasn't read the report

"coach, have you ever attempted to facilitate a payment to a recruit or to someone associated with a recruit in order to secure his commitment?"

Seriously what were these brain surgeons doing with the buddy-buddy questions?

There was a thread maybe a year ago asking if we should purposely cheat because who cares if we get caught, and I couldn't believe how many people said yes.

I don't want to be anything like LSU. I'm like Bob Cousy in Blue Chips.

I think you may be disturbed to learn the reality of things.

I can’t even fathom how these guys sleep at night knowing that their scams could be exposed at any point by someone they screwed over. I know they justify their actions to themselves but in the back of their minds they have to feel like complete dirt bags.

Last season, Bruce Pearl’s recruiting came under fire. His dad happens to live near my parents. My dad asked him what would happen if his son was fired by Auburn. And he said, “In that case, he’ll just go to work for ESPN and get paid a million dollars a year.”

I can’t even fathom how these guys sleep at night knowing that their scams could be exposed at any point by someone they screwed over. I know they justify their actions to themselves but in the back of their minds they have to feel like complete dirt bags.

Last season, Bruce Pearl’s recruiting came under fire. His dad happens to live near my parents. My dad asked him what would happen if his son was fired by Auburn. And he said, “In that case, he’ll just go to work for ESPN and get paid a million dollars a year.”

Yep, wades already made a few million im sure. Not the worst thing in the world if he gets canned. I mean child molesting enablers like joe pa are canonized by society. What does will wade care that he got some money to poor people. Regular robin hood if you ask me. I bet he sleeps fine at night.

I was baffled at first as to why SU (and some other programs) wouldn't consider an unnamed PG that LSU ended up signing, but JAB hasn't been playing those games.

Will Wade said, sure.

To be fair, considering what Ben Simmons (another odd recruit for LSU) said about his coach Johnny Jones, the rot was probably there long before Wade.
We need to call these f-ers out. Tremont Waters’s family or handlers were looking for $$—and they got it from LSU.

I want to believe that recruiting is as shady as all of these allegations suggest, but I find it hard to believe that there aren’t at least a couple guys who were bought and paid for and didn’t make it who wouldn’t jump at an opportunity to sell their story to SI or the Times or some other outlet that would jump at the chance to blow the top off of college basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom