LSU fires Will Wade | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LSU fires Will Wade

Interesting if true. It's not as if Pitt used to haul in annual Top 10-20 type recruiting classes when in the Big East or ACC. We generally complained how they got away with such physical play, grabbing, holding, antics, etc. and it was more of that than talent, especially when dealing with their high success rate over us.
I mean, Javonte Smart’s of the world are apparently getting a bag so who knows anymore...

LSU AD: "So Will, let me make sure I understand. You're reportedly on an FBI wiretap discussing the offer you made to a current player and how he hadn't taken it because too much of the help was directed toward his family instead of to his handler, and that you've made offers to other players just as good that weren't nearly as complicated. And when we, as your employer who is subject to NCAA regulation, asked you about this, you refused to be interviewed by us. And a week has passed and you still refuse to be interviewed by us. And so now you think you should be reinstated as our coach. Why of course, that makes perfect sense! Reinstatement approved."

I feel like I’m the only person here on the side of Will Wade.

Not that I’m ok with his absurd usage of f-bombs and cavalier discussion of paying players, but because I don’t care...because everyone does it.

We all deserve our day in court, and due process and everything, but man, I don't see how you can explain what is on those tapes, to everyone's satisfaction, without introducing some evidence of your own, like more tapes that somehow prove your "offer" was for the best hotel on the on-campus visit. There wasn't a lot of wiggle room on those.

Or the Constanza defense: "Was that wrong? Cause where I used to be, this sort of thing used to happen all the time"

Honestly, I feel bad for the players ... even when there is illegal payment for their services , they’re not the ones getting the money

The era of plausible deniability is over with regards to NCAA. It’s a lack of institutional control whether the higher ups knew or not. They might as well go all in with the coaches. Nothing to lose.

Honestly, I feel bad for the players ... even when there is illegal payment for their services , they’re not the ones getting the money
Eh my empathy is kinda limited with respect to anything in college hoops.

Before Fran throws any more stones he should remember back to some of the things he used to do as an assistant coach back in the 80's. Because I remember and im sure others do too. Lets just say he and Billy Hahn were no angels.
That said, yeah this is crazy they are bringing back Wade. How can he have any credibility on the recruiting trail?

Meanwhile, every single year with the "Throw a dart at the rule book and you'll find something Syracuse broke" headlines. The NCAA crippled our program for dropping cookie crumbs on the floor compared to what UNC, Duke, Kansas, and LSU have done and are (so far) completely skating.

Looks like nobody is getting any trouble with this FBI nonsense. College basketball really needs to change and fix this
so this whole FBI thing appears to be clearing out the powerless assistant coaches - good the game is much better off after this landmark investigation.
I think folks are jumping the gun about castigating the NCAA about inaction. I think they're still in the "hearings" stage and haven't issued any punishments or exonerations for any of the cases yet. Yes, assistant coaches are going to jail after guilty pleas because they are the ones on the wiretaps talking about money. Whether they are taking the fall for head coaches is known only to the coaching staffs. I do believe that Archie Miller and Rick Pitino were on the tapes, and Arizona's and Louisville's hearings haven't taken place yet. The NCAA has filed the charge sheet against Arizona. Arizona gets to respond, and then they have the hearing. There's a long list of schools that "everyone knows" is dirty. Well, that list is totally meaningless unless someone talks about it or provides documentary evidence to prove what "everyone knows". The NCAA can't do anything without facing massive lawsuits if they base punishments only on what "everyone knows".

I fully realize that you folks here are very sensitive about NCAA investigations and I may have better results by screaming this into the wind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom