LSU's new locker room | Syracusefan.com

LSU's new locker room

I really laugh every time someone says there isn't enough money to pay the players. Good one guys
Do people say that? I've seen arguments against paying players, but that's not one I've seen, at least for P5 schools. It's probably legit for a lot of those outside the P5.

Last edited:
Do people say that? I've seen arguments against it, but that's not one I've seen, at least for P5 schools. It's probably legit for a lot of those outside the P5.

"How can you pay the 3rd string DT and the field hockey team??!"

Is the argument I always see; implying there isn't enough money due to title XI

Big deal. Rutgers already has sleeping pods:

I have never ever been for paying players, but these kinds of "upgrades" are making me rethink my position.

Why isn't this money being put towards the school's non revenue sports? I'm sure the softball team has nothing close to "sleeping pods"

One more thing:

If Syracuse is ever generating so much money that they can build an indoor amusement park for the football team, they better turn right around and use that money to A) build a glass facade on the Dome, or B) bring back swimming and diving

I thought Syracuse is also getting new locker rooms with the Domde reno? and the last ones weren't supposed to be the permanent ones? I might be wrong, but dont think so. Uconn just got sick lockers and they play HS teams. I hope we get something better than what we have. Nothing crazy like this, just better than what we have.

I have never ever been for paying players, but these kinds of "upgrades" are making me rethink my position.

Why isn't this money being put towards the school's non revenue sports? I'm sure the softball team has nothing close to "sleeping pods"
wait, do you think the money for all these crazy locker room renovations comes from the athletic department budgets? That it is a matter of the AD choosing whether to upgrade football or softball locker rooms?

The money for allllllll this kind of thing is fundraised and provided by boosters. Like it or not, football amenities is an arms race in the ever competitive elite recruiting game. Like it or not, wealthy alumnae at these football factory schools care a lot about football and are willing to cut checks. They aren't going to cut checks (or, more accurately, not as many of them and for not as much) for softball renovations.

I think seeing locker rooms with these bells and whistles is ridiculous and not how I would use my money. But every time one of these locker rooms is unveiled there is gnashing of teeth over why this money isn't used for __________. People don't seem to understand that it isn't so much a matter of department resource allocation, but a matter of rich people using their money in a way most of us wouldn't. It's their money and they can use it as they wish. It is perfectly logical in a hyper competitive recruiting environment you'd do anything you could to attract the best recruits, and if rich people are willing to throw money at it, souped up locker rooms are an entirely predictable and rational result, even if it is absurd in the greater scheme of things.

Im sure I’ll be ripped for this... but at what point would this not be considered compensation for what they bring in? They receive superior housing, personalized meal planning, at times private team dining halls, and ridiculous tricked out benefits like IPF’s and these lockerrooms.

They’re not getting paid but life looks real good there in the Bayou.

I look at it differently. Why are people willing to spend so much money on college sports (or even pro sports) when there are so many more important worthwhile things that need funding? Upside down priorities.

That VT locker room victory speech by Dino 3 years ago would have been embarrassing if it wasn't so awesome. High schools have better looks that that one...ooooofa

Um, it was embarrassing, regardless of how awesome and incredible that speech was. Just as a "picture paints a thousand words" so did that moment consequentially from a broader/perceptional level of the program. Many of us diehards here commented about the embarrassment as that video speech went viral, I can only imagine what the rest of the - non-partial - viewing audience thought, let alone our competitors. It was cringe worthy to say the least, and it's not a coincidence that they were immediately upgraded that ensuing off-season.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom