Lunardi has us as a 4 seed right now | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi has us as a 4 seed right now

2bsnas.jpg

lunardi is just a nerd who doesn't get it right

Basement Troll is far more like it. Nerd implies intelligence to at least a certain extent.

wish i could trademark my thoughts for being so wrong so often. he and kiper are the "whoops" club.
glad they aren't investing my 401k. i'd be too weak to blow out the candles for my retirement cake at 99.

Hey, no matter how bad Lunardi's picks are, it feels good to know that Cuse will NOT be a bubble team next season and we can have excitement going into Selection Sunday. At least that's the plan now.

I think we have a very good chance to be a 1 or 2 seed this year. We are returning a S16 team that is healthier and added a bench. We are going to be ahead of most teams out of the gate which should land us Top 5ish in the polls by the time conference season rolls around.

I think we have a very good chance to be a 1 or 2 seed this year. We are returning a S16 team that is healthier and added a bench. We are going to be ahead of most teams out of the gate which should land us Top 5ish in the polls by the time conference season rolls around.
i also think we'll be good out of the gate.
Wish we were in one of those preseason tourneys.

with the returning starters i'd like to be tested early and often rather than run over ringdings and hohos.

If you guys want to lose to a 16-seed by 21+ points, I would be highly grateful

Only about 111 days till first practice (give or take). Man I would love to see those scrimmages. Hey Bazley, make sure you stay tuned to our championship run!

I think the "we return a sweet 16" team is a little bit of a misplaced reason for optimism. Single elimination tourney's are a but of a crapshoot.

The reasons behind the sweet 16 run are the real reasons to be excited. We return a core that was one of the best defensive teams in the country last season, and that core has shown an ability to not only close out high pressure games, but punch above their weight class.

We run deep because of our zone. Teams unprepared and overwhelmed. Logic tells me we will be even better with a year experience under our belt. Respectfully disagree. Our odds are very good imho

I think the "we return a sweet 16" team is a little bit of a misplaced reason for optimism. Single elimination tourney's are a but of a crapshoot.

The reasons behind the sweet 16 run are the real reasons to be excited. We return a core that was one of the best defensive teams in the country last season, and that core has shown an ability to not only close out high pressure games, but punch above their weight class.

True. And also another reason I am excited is how young last years team was. We’re not talking about a mediocre veteran team that lost 14 games. It was an extremely young team. Lots of those guys should develop into much better players than they were last year.

If you guys want to lose to a 16-seed by 21+ points, I would be highly grateful
That ain't happening. Offense comes and goes but defense stays. Our defense inoculates us from losing to a 16 seed. In addition, we will be the tallest team in the Nation and a 16th seed will be a midget team. If we are a 1 or 2 seed it will be because we deserve it. Your post is based on the illogical assumption that if we are a 1 or 2 seed we will be over-seeded, (therefore subject to being upset in the first round.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom