Lunardi on ACCN this morning | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi on ACCN this morning

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
This may be a newsflash, but Lunardi is a complete dooooosh.

On Packer and Durham this morning, "I know that it's easy to come across like the kid in the back of the class who thinks he knows everything, nobody likes that guy...but I'm pretty good at this, and I can never get Syracuse right. I just can't do it. They're my kryptonite. So to answer the question, 'what does Syracuse need to do?' Pay me a lot of money to leave them out, and then they're a lock. Good lord the last time I picked against them they went to the final four."

I would argue he's worse than the kid in the back of the class who thinks he knows everything, he's the dumbest kid in the class who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Ironically, if we were to pick an NCAA tourney of good bracketologists, he would not be an at-large pick.

On Packer and Durham this morning, "I know that it's easy to come across like the kid in the back of the class who thinks he knows everything, nobody likes that guy...but I'm pretty good at this, and I can never get Syracuse right. I just can't do it. They're my kryptonite. So to answer the question, "what does Syracuse need to do?" Pay me a lot of money to leave them out, and then they're a lock. Good lord the last time I picked against them they went to the final four."

I would argue he's worse than the kid in the back of the class who thinks he knows everything, he's the dumbest kid in the class who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Ironically, if we were to pick an NCAA tourney of good bracketologists, he would not be an at-large pick.
You have to give him credit for being smart as he is actually "famous" and has held onto this paying gig for a long while. It's mindblowing or something like that.

On Packer and Durham this morning, "I know that it's easy to come across like the kid in the back of the class who thinks he knows everything, nobody likes that guy...but I'm pretty good at this, and I can never get Syracuse right. I just can't do it. They're my kryptonite. So to answer the question, "what does Syracuse need to do?" Pay me a lot of money to leave them out, and then they're a lock. Good lord the last time I picked against them they went to the final four."

He really needs to adjust his web cam! It's bad enough we have to listen to his whiny voice, but the up-the-nose look is ...

Let him whine. I never pay much attention to him anyway. Every year, most fans have an idea of what needs to happen for us to get a bid. Lunardi gives his opinion and ESPN acts like it gospel.

Lunardi should compare us to Ville. They skipped games @vt, virginia twice, syracuse twice, Pitt with (champaigne this time.) Nc state, plus greensboro the first place team in the southern division.
Fla state cancelled us and Wake would of probably put us at 17 wins

Our 2 wins against nc state balences their two against duke.
Leaving us with 3 good home wins to their 2. So basically we just cancel two tough road games we lost, and we would be in to with an easier uneeded acc tournament game.

Howbout Georgia tech. they are 14-8, to our 15-8, and got to play nebraska dead last in Big 10.
wins floridastate clemson, unc, cuse at home (to bad we didnt get them at home) vt on the road.

UNC is 15-9
no good road wins, only fla state ville wake forest and us at home.

We are closer to those 3 teams than it looks. Stupid Pitt late game rebounding blunder.

Last edited:
He brilliantly established himself as the first bracketologist, made money, got on tv, and has a small amount of fame.

And for this I will see in him Hell.

Objectively speaking, it was probably a good trade.

On Packer and Durham this morning, "I know that it's easy to come across like the kid in the back of the class who thinks he knows everything, nobody likes that guy...but I'm pretty good at this, and I can never get Syracuse right. I just can't do it. They're my kryptonite. So to answer the question, 'what does Syracuse need to do?' Pay me a lot of money to leave them out, and then they're a lock. Good lord the last time I picked against them they went to the final four."

The Bracketville guy is a solid Twitter follow this time of the year

I met him at a Nats - Phils game, super nice guy and has a great sense of humor about himself and about the Cuse bubble stuff.

Only in America can someone get paid to do what he does.

that close up of him during the game yesterday showed his nasty looks/teeth

brackets are like gambling models this yr.. throw them out the window.. schedules dont make sense, and breaks messed with teams..

I met him at a Nats - Phils game, super nice guy and has a great sense of humor about himself and about the Cuse bubble stuff.

Well they don't have college bball in Pakistan. ;)

Honestly what do you want Lunardi to say? He just admitted he can't get Cuse right. He's admitting Cuse is very difficult to project and that he has been wrong before. I honestly don't know what the problem is with him saying that, and why we devoted a thread to trash him

Honestly what do you want Lunardi to say? He just admitted he can't get Cuse right. He's admitting Cuse is very difficult to project and that he has been wrong before. I honestly don't know what the problem is with him saying that, and why we devoted a thread to trash him
This. I was impressed by him this morning. He basically said for some reason he sucks at prognosticating the Orange. He literally admitted it.

Anyone who brags about how good they are at their job, even if they ARE good at their job, deserve derision. He is also not good at his job. So thread created, and I stand behind it

This. I was impressed by him this morning. He basically said for some reason he sucks at prognosticating the Orange. He literally admitted it.

Frankly is an upgrade on Fat Joe, Buddy Nepotism, Kadari & Jesse Minutes and Cant Coach anymore Jimmy B. commentary. Lunardi deserves our attention in every year we are on the bubble!!.

The guy seems self aware and humble, I don't get why that interview would upset anyone.

Or what you do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom