Lunardi's latest Brackobama | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi's latest Brackobama

Lunardi has Duke as a 2 seed and Palm has them as a 5 seed. That is ridiculous how 2 of the top sports websites self proclaimed experts could be so different on 1 team.

Looking at that bracket, I think Baylor would thump Wichita St in the 2nd round despite Scott Drew.

I tend to trust Palm over Lunardi.
I do as well as Lunardi seems to have a lot more biases pro-St. Joe's(he is their color guy), pro A-10, con -Villanova(SJU's wanna be rival), etc.

Palm only has 1 bias and doesn't really even show it he is pro-Purdue con-Indiana.

Palm looks at the numbers more objectively.

I would have thought the Brackobama would have Oregon State as a #1 seed.

Last edited:
I would have thought the Brackobama would have Washington State as a #1 seed.

cali-fred.gif

I am guessing Syracusefan7 if not you is Chrism02 or Jncuse because they have exactly the same seeds as myself Duke is now a 4 and Iowa State a 3.

I am guessing Syracusefan7 if not you is Chrism02 or Jncuse because they have exactly the same seeds as myself Duke is now a 4 and Iowa State a 3.
Its not me. good find though.

I don't understand how Duke's resume is all that different than UNC's at this point. How does he account for the 2 seed line difference?

Hey look, we'd get a regional final in New York State as a 3 seed versus an out-of-its-geographic-element 1 seed from the Big 12. Where have I seen that movie before?

The one I pay attention too is the Patrick Stephens from Syracuse.com. He is pretty accurate.

In this bracket, SU is the 3 in the East and UVA is the 2 in the South and Duke is 2 in the West. So, UVA and Duke finished higher than us and yet we still got MSG and they did not. I like that. We are the 3rd ACC team and yet the ones who get NYC.

In this bracket, SU is the 3 in the East and UVA is the 2 in the South and Duke is 2 in the West. So, UVA and Duke finished higher than us and yet we still got MSG and they did not. I like that. We are the 3rd ACC team and yet the ones who get NYC.
Good catch, but as I said before we could get MSG if Nova was a 2 seed ahead of UVA and Duke which it seems that is what Lunardi is saying. Thus, Syracuse on the 3 line could get MSG/East. Lunardi is crazy though if he thinks after last night's loss to Wake Forest which moves Duke to 4-5 on the road and 3 of those losses to non-NCAA teams Wake Forest, Clemson, Notre Dame would still make them a 2 seed instead of a 3 or 4 seed.

Last edited:
The one I pay attention too is the Patrick Stephens from Syracuse.com. He is pretty accurate.
Really?
(I ask this in seriousness, as I really am not familiar with Patrick Stephens or his bracket knowledge)

Duke is going to be the four seed in the ACCT. They haven't finished higher than us. Ironically Carolina is the team that can finish ahead of us if they win Saturday.

Duke is going to be the four seed in the ACCT. They haven't finished higher than us. Ironically Carolina is the team that can finish ahead of us if they win Saturday.
In this bracket, Duke is a 2 seed and we are a 3 seed. So, in Lunardi's mind, Duke finished ahead of us. Unless of course, Lunardi thinks that we finished ahead of Duke and gave us the 3 in the East as opposed to the 2 in the West thinking that the 3 in the East is the preferred choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom