Lustig Replacement | Syracusefan.com

Lustig Replacement

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
Will the replacement coach be for WRs and Special Teams? Or will someone else take on ST? Or will there be a shuffle to hire for another position? I know there are no clear answers right now, but this would be a good time to add some new recruiting talent or young blood.

Dino hasn't back filled his role yet - derelict in his duties. Right?

Babers should hire a WR coach and recruiter first and foremost. If the guy doubles as a ST coach then great. If not they can assign the job to another coach. I think as long as we continue to recruit good kickers (something we have a history of) then we'll be fine. Kick coverage isn't exactly rocket science.

When people say we have a top special teams unit I'm wondering where they get their numbers from. The few sites I've found rank us overall at #64 this year and #56 last year. In 2018 we were #11 and in 2017 - Lustig's first year - we were #75. In Kaufman's 1 year here - 2016 - we were #105

Shafer and Marrone were about the same (or a little less) than Lustig's 4 years. Shafer's last year he had a high of #35.

Needs to be a stud WR/skills recruiter. Some of our best ST players have been wideouts too. Custis.

Babers should hire a WR coach and recruiter first and foremost. If the guy doubles as a ST coach then great. If not they can assign the job to another coach. I think as long as we continue to recruit good kickers (something we have a history of) then we'll be fine. Kick coverage isn't exactly rocket science.

When people say we have a top special teams unit I'm wondering where they get their numbers from. The few sites I've found rank us overall at #64 this year and #56 last year. In 2018 we were #11 and in 2017 - Lustig's first year - we were #75. In Kaufman's 1 year here - 2016 - we were #105

Shafer and Marrone were about the same (or a little less) than Lustig's 4 years. Shafer's last year he had a high of #35.

Top notch top notch!!! Lustig was an assistant that can be replaced rather easily and now we will have to listen to every bad special teams about the legend that was Coach Lustig!!! Have a kicker that can hit from 40 yards and in and that can get kick off to the end zone, a punt returner that doesn't fumble, and an average punter. ...NEXT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom