Magnum PI fans | Syracusefan.com

Magnum PI fans

really no Magnum Love? Tuttle knew the Adams Ribs but no one comments on the #1 all time Magnum episode

really no Magnum Love? Tuttle knew the Adams Ribs but no one comments on the #1 all time Magnum episode

I love Magnum pi. Not excited about the reboot. I don't know that episode by name. Do tell what is the episode about.

I am curiout what everyone's favorite episode is. I have 2. The one where the guy is calling with all the riddles and the one where he treads water the whole time

"did you see the run rise" is where Russion ivan brain washes TC when they are in prisoner camp during the war and and reativates him years later into attacking a delagation on the island. its famous for Magnum asking Ivan Did you see the sunrise" at the end what Magnum realizes he cant really do anything to the guy and the guy says yes, the screen goes black and you hear a gun shot.. Ivan tortured one of their best buddies in the camp as well. had them all locked in hanging cages.

I remember the episode. Been awhile since I have seen any of them. I need to go back and watch.

I give Episode 1 a B-. some fun, some homage to the original, updated it, at times a bit over the top. mcgyverish in its humor if you like that remake.

Still some room for improvement, which i think it needs to catch on,, but Lethal Weapon is in year 3 so who knows.

I give Episode 1 a B-. some fun, some homage to the original, updated it, at times a bit over the top. mcgyverish in its humor if you like that remake.

Still some room for improvement, which i think it needs to catch on,, but Lethal Weapon is in year 3 so who knows.
I watched and one of the commercials was for a new show FBI. With all these reboots I immediately thought who is going to play the Ephraim Zimbalist Jr character. ;)

not sure the ratings will be good enough to keep it around that long but we will see. probably would be better in a different time slot, if only fridays had another hour for cbs reboots

the best Magnum was when he portrayed an old school detective in a dream. Higgins with the worst southern accent ever.

the best Magnum was when he portrayed an old school detective in a dream. Higgins with the worst southern accent ever.
And Hillerman could probably pull that "worst southern accent" off as he was from Texas.

nice job working the Stalog 17 movie scene into the new series last night... another classic episode redo.

Nice of them to work Roger Mosley (TC) into an episode.. really have done a good job of reworking some classic episode information in with new twists..

Nice of them to work Roger Mosley (TC) into an episode.. really have done a good job of reworking some classic episode information in with new twists..

You can’t reboot the 1980 mustache. You just can’t.

Loved watching Magnum as a kid. Was one of my go-to shows, along with Airwolf, Knight Rider, A-Team, etc.

You can’t reboot the 1980 mustache. You just can’t.

Loved watching Magnum as a kid. Was one of my go-to shows, along with Airwolf, Knight Rider, A-Team, etc.

I feel like I just saw Jan Michael Vincent passed away.

they are really doing a good job of re telling some classic magnum moments with a new twist though.. Its not as good as the original, but its pretty solid so far.

I do enjoy the Hawaii 5-0 and MacGyver reboots more than those originals though, much more fun.

Magnum PI is probably my favorite show of all time. I could not believe they were going to reboot it and I vowed to not watch it. You guys are making me reconsider now if they are paying homage to the original in an easter egg kind of way.

if Magnum is your A+ show, this is a solid B, if for nothing else Higgins is much more watchable now.

Still it can never be as a good as a show you watched as a kid, but it has its moments where you can tell they really are trying to reconnect with the original and paid attention to the stories..

if they could work some story to get Selleck on the show it would be classic. much like NCIS is working Harm and Mac on the show this year. Seeing TC at 80+ even if a different char was pretty neat. the old and new TC gave each other signed island hopper shirts off screen to celebrate the 2 roles.

And the show after getting a surprise cancellation by CBS has now been picked up for 2 seasons by NBC.. Maybe this is the reverse JAG situation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom