Mahoney Says To Start Rex | Syracusefan.com

Mahoney Says To Start Rex

LockedOnSyr

Walk On
We had Zack Mahoney on the show today and he detailed a lot of the problems that are happening with the offense and gave his thoughts on who should start for the rest of the year. Here's a link to the full show: ‎Locked On Syracuse - Daily Podcast On Syracuse Orange Football & Basketball on Apple Podcasts

If you want a daily Syracuse podcast to listen to, subscribe to us wherever you get your podcasts! Hope you guys enjoy it. We'll have a Part 2 with him coming out tomorrow morning. Here's a snippet of the show where he discusses why Rex should start:

policeacademyoneintheovenshirt-e1449262545901-1024x627.png

uh, what would he know about being a winning QB? aside from the bc game his first year, SU lost every game he played in that was something other than "3 carries" or "0-2 passing", ie, any game he had to put up meaningful stats. they are really reaching for commentary now.

kev.

uh, what would he know about being a winning QB? aside from the bc game his first year, SU lost every game he played in that was something other than "3 carries" or "0-2 passing", ie, any game he had to put up meaningful stats. they are really reaching for commentary now.

kev.

this is a weird take. We listen to people all the time who have never won a D1 college game.

I thought it was interesting Mahoney was implying that players (possibly, but not necessarily Devito) are just expecting to be great once they get 'their blue checkmarks' and not necessarily putting in the endless hours of work.

Devito got Andrew Robinson’ed In 2006 from the OL last year.

He has more talent than Culpepper but he doesn’t see the field as well and he hears the footsteps. Plus he doesn’t throw the ball away.

I agree with the Officer.
Play Culpepper more.

kev.

yes I would much rather let steelerswan make the call.

kev.
Yeah, the 440 yards and 5 touchdowns vs Pitt were meaningless. It was all his fault the defense couldn't hold Pitt under 61 points.

Well pretty tells you a lot from a guy who has run this offense and knows what it should look like.

Sheesh he says a lot more than that. I do give TD credit for his toughness but sheesh, this thread might get ugly if people hear that pod.

kev.
kev.? You signed a forum post? I think that's actually worse than 'facts' or 'period'. Also, nothing you said makes what Mahoney said wrong.

I thought it was interesting Mahoney was implying that players (possibly, but not necessarily Devito) are just expecting to be great once they get 'their blue checkmarks' and not necessarily putting in the endless hours of work.

That's exactly what it's implying. We know he's been working hard. Up until the pandemic hit and threw coverage out of whack, the coverage into his off-season in 2019 was transparent. Devito's undoing was his loyalty to Syracuse during the recruiting process. Babers talked a good game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom