MAJORS AT THE POWER 5 CONFERENCES | Syracusefan.com

MAJORS AT THE POWER 5 CONFERENCES

retro44

Living Legend
Most Popular Academic Majors for Power 5 Football Players

ACC...Makes sense that communications at Syracuse
  • Duke: Evolutionary anthropology ...They just finally figured out football is played there.
  • NC State: Exploratory studies... Sounds like players just wander in the halls looking for classes
Big 10
  • Indiana: General studies... all you need to do was remember Knights top 20 quotes
    • Michigan State: Advertising and criminal justice/criminology (tie)
    • Rutgers: Criminal justice/criminology
    • Maryland: Criminal justice/criminology....if you lived in or around any of those campuses I would want to know the laws and my rights...especially players
      • Ohio State: Sport industry Boy did they hit a homerun here
      Michigan: Literature, arts and sciences (enrolled in school...Twitter will be a major there shortly
    Big 12
    • Baylor: Kinesiology ...Briles failed here as he didn't know where his players Human movements were about
      • Texas Tech: Exercise science ... not good when players have concussions

• West Virginia: General/Multidisciplinary studies...instead of hearing soothing elevator music in the background you hear dueling Banjos in lab classes

Pac 12

• Arizona State: Exploratory/interdisciplinary/liberal studies...Exploratory studies is why Gronkowski wanted to go there,but couldn't find the campus
  • Oregon: Applied economics, business and society... Nike mandated and football dorms are a sheltered society
  • Washington: Ethnic studies and pre-social science (tie) not going to touch this one(feel free)
SEC

• Alabama: N/A*...I guess saint Nick forgot to tell his players that classes are mandated
  • Arkansas: Recreation and sport management ...Surprised their roster is not loaded with 5 star players year after year
  • Florida: Social and behavioral sciences...Just studying all the arrests from football players would eat up a few semesters
  • Kentucky: Undergraduate studies...pay pal cal tells his players it was meant to be undereducated studies for one and dones
I had to give up on the rest of the SEC as my stomach is killing me

I'm pretty sure very few football players are enrolled in the Newhouse school. Might be a different kind of communication major.

Most Popular Academic Majors for Power 5 Football Players

ACC...Makes sense that communications at Syracuse
  • Duke: Evolutionary anthropology ...They just finally figured out football is played there.
  • NC State: Exploratory studies... Sounds like players just wander in the halls looking for classes
Big 10
  • Indiana: General studies... all you need to do was remember Knights top 20 quotes
    • Michigan State: Advertising and criminal justice/criminology (tie)
    • Rutgers: Criminal justice/criminology
    • Maryland: Criminal justice/criminology...if you lived in or around any of those campuses I would want to know the laws and my rights...especially players
      • Ohio State: Sport industry Boy did they hit a homerun here
      Michigan: Literature, arts and sciences (enrolled in school...Twitter will be a major there shortly
    Big 12
    • Baylor: Kinesiology ...Briles failed here as he didn't know where his players Human movements were about
      • Texas Tech: Exercise science ... not good when players have concussions

• West Virginia: General/Multidisciplinary studies...instead of hearing soothing elevator music in the background you hear dueling Banjos in lab classes

Pac 12

• Arizona State: Exploratory/interdisciplinary/liberal studies...Exploratory studies is why Gronkowski wanted to go there,but couldn't find the campus
  • Oregon: Applied economics, business and society... Nike mandated and football dorms are a sheltered society
  • Washington: Ethnic studies and pre-social science (tie) not going to touch this one(feel free)
SEC

• Alabama: N/A*...I guess saint Nick forgot to tell his players that classes are mandated
  • Arkansas: Recreation and sport management ...Surprised their roster is not loaded with 5 star players year after year
  • Florida: Social and behavioral sciences...Just studying all the arrests from football players would eat up a few semesters
  • Kentucky: Undergraduate studies...pay pal cal tells his players it was meant to be undereducated studies for one and dones
I had to give up on the rest of the SEC as my stomach is killing me

lol at Rutgers, well its smart, you can learn how to get away with your crime.

SYRACUSE
Communication 21
Sport and Human Dynamics (enrolled in school) 15
Arts and Sciences (enrolled in school) 9
Child and Family Studies 6
Management (enrolled in school) 6
Sports Management 5
Exercise Science 3
TV, Radio and Film 2
Finance 2
Sociology/Social Science 2
Forensic Studies 1
Information Studies (enrolled in school) 1
Information Technology Management 1
International Relations 1
Journalism 1
Philosophy 1
Physical Education 1
Real Estate 1

You can major in real estate at Syracuse?

I'm pretty sure very few football players are enrolled in the Newhouse school. Might be a different kind of communication major.
That's correct. Culpepper is in Newhouse, and Lagarre graduated from there. Newhouse is more where you'll find walk ons and grad students (Paulus, for example).

Most of the Communications majors are part of the Communication and Rhetorical Studies program in the School of Visual and Performing arts.

As someone who worked and taught in the explatory studies program at at NCSU, more colleges need programs like that. It saves undecided students time taking classes for something they may not be interested in. You must transfer into a major by the start of your junior year, and there are pretty strict requirements to get there.

As someone who worked and taught in the explatory studies program at at NCSU, more colleges need programs like that. It saves undecided students time taking classes for something they may not be interested in. You must transfer into a major by the start of your junior year, and there are pretty strict requirements to get there.
I could teach a class in the area of Expletive Studies. I have a course outline already for "The F word, is it a noun, verb, adverb or adjective...F Yes!!!". So, if you know of any openings...

SYRACUSE
Communication 21
Sport and Human Dynamics (enrolled in school) 15
Arts and Sciences (enrolled in school) 9
Child and Family Studies 6
Management (enrolled in school) 6
Sports Management 5
Exercise Science 3
TV, Radio and Film 2
Finance 2
Sociology/Social Science 2
Forensic Studies 1
Information Studies (enrolled in school) 1
Information Technology Management 1
International Relations 1
Journalism 1
Philosophy 1
Physical Education 1
Real Estate 1

You can major in real estate at Syracuse?

I just went cross-eyed when reading this list. I mean, are you kidding me?

Real estate?

Rocco said:
I just went cross-eyed when reading this list. I mean, are you kidding me? Real estate?
is that like a prelaw degree? I mean lawyers spend 1 semester on it. How do you do 4 years?

I just went cross-eyed when reading this list. I mean, are you kidding me?

Real estate?

whats the hangup on real estate? don't you need training and licenses to sell it? I assume the major would cover all sorts of aspects like property management and general property laws, general codes, investments, development, finance, mngmt etc but just guessing.