Mal on “The Scheme” | Syracusefan.com

Mal on “The Scheme”

SUOrangeSU

All Conference
Jesus, they keep showing him on there. Makes me cringe lol

No, it’s on HBO now.
How Wade and Miller still have a job is just...leaves me speechless

can you provide context on mal? Assume its just footage he happens to be in not discussions of him.

How Wade and Miller still have a job is just...leaves me speechless
THAT is the biggest scandal in college basketball since the last point shaving case.

The fact they still have their jobs is a statement on just how much college basketball has become a business having little to do with "college" besides the name of the team and revenue the sport yields.

can you provide context on mal? Assume its just footage he happens to be in not discussions of him.
Exactly. HBO had video footage of Christian Dawkins together with ASM Sports agent Andy Miller at the 2016 NBA draft. At that time, Dawkins worked for ASM, but was later fired by ASM for misusing a credit card from a prior employer. Mal just happened to be sitting near them in the video. The show said nothing at all about Mal, and I’m not aware of any allegations of improprieties involving him.

Exactly. HBO had video footage of Christian Dawkins together with ASM Sports agent Andy Miller at the 2016 NBA draft. At that time, Dawkins worked for ASM, but was later fired by ASM for misusing a credit card from a prior employer. Mal just happened to be sitting near them in the video. The show said nothing at all about Mal, and I’m not aware of any allegations of improprieties involving him.
The footage was from the 2016 NBA Draft. Malachi was sitting with them at the draft because he was represented by ASM. No discussion of anything shady though and they never even mention Mal by name.

How was the doc? Worth watching?

How was the doc? Worth watching?
I watched it. I thought it was interesting, but biased. That is, it was told from the perspective of Christian Dawkins and his criminal defense attorney, who were the main characters in the documentary. The prosecutors did not take part. The documentary barely mentioned the big money that was being paid to players and their families and handlers, except to claim that every successful program was doing it. The documentary named only a couple of players who allegedly got paid (e.g. DeAndre Ayton from Arizona, Nassir Little from UNC and Brian Bowen, who enrolled but never played at Louisville) and a couple of coaches (e.g., Sean Miller of Arizona, Will Wade of LSU and Rick Pitino, then of Louisville). After serving a prison sentence, Dawkins still didn't think he did anything wrong.

Last edited:
I love the analogy with Google coming in and paying a kid $20,000 to intern for the summer and keep the relationship so the kid works for them after college. That would be a great thing and celebrated nationally. But somehow college athletes have to do it for the love of the game.

this is unreal...warning language.

The fact that Will Wade and Sean Miller still have jobs after this evidence has come out is infuriating and makes the NCAA look toothless. They both need to get show causes and tossed out of the sport. It’s frustrating that sleezeballs like these two continue to skate free. Bill Self as well. He was caught discussing paying players in text messages. In a court of law, this evidence may not be enough to meet “beyond a reasonable doubt” standard. But the NCAA doesn’t have to meet those standards. They need to nail these two coaches and programs and set an example that this won’t be tolerated.

Just watched, it was wayyyy better than I expected.

I’m disgusted lol. That amount of tax dollars out the window so FBI agents can play shady rich guy for a couple months.

The way the NCAA hides behind their definition of “amateurism” is a joke, but that’s nothing new to me.

People have paid players forever and they’ll continue to pay them for as long as college sports exist. Just change the NIL rules so I can play College Hoops 2k damn it

I love the analogy with Google coming in and paying a kid $20,000 to intern for the summer and keep the relationship so the kid works for them after college. That would be a great thing and celebrated nationally. But somehow college athletes have to do it for the love of the game.

best thing of the whole documentary... I cannot believe they didn’t let the tapes out about coaches calls as there was obviously tons of them... will wade doesnt giveeee a ya know what.. shocked at how informative this was and made me hate ncaa even more. Mark E is a certified scumbag... so infuriating that a group of non athletic nerds are making legislation for athletes. I could type about this for hours. Gahddd

Wait this still isn't settled? I thought once the FBI got involved the sh-- was hitting the fan? ...nothing is going to happen to any big name coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom