man up marek!!!! | Syracusefan.com

man up marek!!!!

what a scared soft performance.
How so? he is outweighed by what 60 pounds? What exactly did you expect him to do because from day 1, this kid has played tough for his weight. This board makes me sick. Honest to God, I love Syracuse basketball. And at one time this board. But now i have to just shake my head at some of the posts here.

Maybe if you know we recruited a center. Edwards wouldn’t even play at my alma mater Le Moyne. Neither would JBA.

I thought he played very timid on the offensive end. Passing up that open layup was the turning point in this game IMO. Not gonna fault him on D because he’s obv out of position but he needs to contribute more than one rebound. He didn’t attack the ball at all, that last free throw miss he should have had but went up weak.

How so? he is outweighed by what 60 pounds? What exactly did you expect him to do because from day 1, this kid has played tough for his weight. This board makes me sick. Honest to God, I love Syracuse basketball. And at one time this board. But now i have to just shake my head at some of the posts here.

oh please. you can be outweighed and still not play scared. he was passing up open layups and kicking it out for 3s cuz hes scared of getting blocked. go up strong! draw the foul! tipping rebounds instead of going up and grabbing the ball with 2 hands. he played timid and scared tonite. terrible effort.

Maybe if you know we recruited a center. Edwards wouldn’t even play at my alma mater Le Moyne. Neither would JBA.
yeah, they would. They would look a lot different playing against D-2 players. And I haven't given up on either of them at this time. But as of right now, they can't really help. Could have used Sid tonight. Even maybe Frank.

oh please. you can be outweighed and still not play scared. he was passing up open layups and kicking it out for 3s cuz hes scared of getting blocked. go up strong! draw the foul! tipping rebounds instead of going up and grabbing the ball with 2 hands. he played timid and scared tonite. terrible effort.
Yes. I'm sure you're right. He is weak sauce. Maybe, he was tired of getting the crap kicked out of him all night. Just a thought.

yeah, they would. They would look a lot different playing against D-2 players. And I haven't given up on either of them at this time. But as of right now, they can't really help. Could have used Sid tonight. Even maybe Frank.

I am sure they work hard, are nice guys, etc. But JBA and soft Edwards are not D1 material. Will never be either. Edwards can’t catch, can’t rebound, can’t body around with anyone

Weight aside, after four years, positioning is key to getting more than one rebound in 32 minutes. Really surprised he didn’t battle like his typical self tonight.

Edit: one more rebound than a dead man, not two.

Last edited:
I am sure they work hard, are nice guys, etc. But JBA and soft Edwards are not D1 material. Will never be either. Edwards can’t catch, can’t rebound, can’t body around with anyone
I don't have a crystal ball. Some kids improve. Some don't. especially big guys. I will admit I have no idea what those kids can or will become. They aren't there now, no question. Down the road, we will see. I hope you are wrong.

I don't have a crystal ball. Some kids improve. Some don't. especially big guys. I will admit I have no idea what those kids can or will become. They aren't there now, no question. Down the road, we will see. I hope you are wrong.

I hope I am wrong too for the sake of the program. I just don’t see it with these guys. There just doesn’t seem to be any potential there unfortunately. Some guys you can see them making strides...I do not see it with these two.

Ehh people are sick of being on the bubble. It’s the same issues every year. We haven’t executed in 3 games down the stretch. I get the frustration.

Weight aside, after four years, positioning is key to getting more than 2 rebounds. Really surprised he didn’t battle like his typical self tonight.

exactly. hes a freakin senior. i could understand tonite’s effort if he was a freshman. but after 4 years you cant be playing soft and intimidated regardless if youre playing out of position. grab a rebound, go up strong and dunk it.

Marek is a tough kid but tonight was a struggle foe him. I thought he could get to the basket like Q did tonight but honestly he had very few touches on offense tonight and two times he passed up layin shots for kick out threes.

Think you may be slightly over rating Le Moyne!

C’mon 1 rebound in over 30 minutes from our 6-10 Senior. That rebounding performance was terrible.

Both Edwards and Ajak would be superstars at LeMoyne’s level. Syracuse just does a terrible job developing the C position

seriously????all things considered i would ask what do you want him to do?????
Exactly. For the last three years its been obvious to anyone paying attention that if Marek is forced to play the 5, especially in the ACC, we’d be a mediocre team at best.
Nevertheless, in the last three years this coaching staff has appeared to be totally unprepared for that eventuality, and JB has stuck to his “square-peg, round-hole” theory of shuffling the lineup.
Sidibe is fragile, our big man recruiting and development have been woeful, and we’re stuck watching this movie again. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
LEAVE MAREK ALONE!
Marek is the LAST guy on this team that should be hammered with a pile-on thread.
He's been forced to play out of position and get pounded as an under-sized center for far too long.
He's been a good Soldier. Just last game he lost a tooth and stayed in the game, and now he's "soft"?
As other posters noted, if you have a problem with Marek, the problem lies elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom