Mandel and Feldman both have us going bowling... | Syracusefan.com

Mandel and Feldman both have us going bowling...

if we sign up for 6-6 does that mean we can't sign up for 8-4? Feels kinda pathetic that we're ecstatic about a .500 season. Senior QB, need to shoot higher. 4-0 start should be in play.

You think they can beat Florida State? I think they should be 3-1 headed to Death Valley. If they go to South Carolina 4-0, that will be a cherry on top.

if we sign up for 6-6 does that mean we can't sign up for 8-4? Feels kinda pathetic that we're ecstatic about a .500 season. Senior QB, need to shoot higher. 4-0 start should be in play.

no, what is pathetic is that we have missed a bowl game 10 of the last 13 years and have been unranked for the past SEVENTEEN years. which is why we will be ecstatic about a .500 season this year, gives us hope that things are turning around.

If we go from crawl to walk, it's fine. It's a process.

If we go from crawl to run, great.

Nothing pathetic about a 6 win season in year 3 of a rebuild in the ACC Atlantic, and ND on the OOC schedule.

imagine we had found a way to got 6-6 the last 2 yrs. would we be in a better spot now because of this expecting more than 6-6?

we dont fumble a punt vs MTSU and kick a FG vs FSU and win in OT still fall apart the last 3 weeks and finish 6-7. are then thinking more than 6-6 this year?

I'll just say that form HCSS went 8-5 so it's hard for me to be excited about 6-6. Especially with a 3-5 record in conference.

Babers is building the team right. Don't be surprised with a better than 6-6 finish. They were in the big games until the last possession while lacking depth, star power (elite athletes if you prefer) and having installed a new system and philosophy in every aspect of the game. The deeper the team gets and the better the recruits, the more big games this team will win. Add in the fastest track in CFB...

Every off-season I say if we could take a guaranteed 6 and 6 with a bowl appearance it would be a smart move, and every season we think we'll do better, and at the end of every season I wish someone had offered me the deal before the season started.

If we go from crawl to walk, it's fine. It's a process.

If we go from crawl to run, great.

Nothing pathetic about a 6 win season in year 3 of a rebuild in the ACC Atlantic, and ND on the OOC schedule.

We will always be in the ACC Atlantic so i see this built in argument for generations to come. The teams in the division are serious about football. I have said since day 1 that the ACC needs to get real about these divisional setups. It's stupid we aren't in the same division as PITT/Miami/VT/BC/Ville.

Having said that, FSU is to be had this year in year 1 of Taggert at the Dome. We have to at some point beat teams in down periods.

We have to make a push for 5-1 type start (4-0) start. Dungey is a senior. QBs rule in college football and we have one of the best.

We will always be in the ACC Atlantic so i see this built in argument for generations to come. The teams in the division are serious about football. I have said since day 1 that the ACC needs to get real about these divisional setups. It's stupid we aren't in the same division as PITT/Miami/VT/BC/Ville.

Having said that, FSU is to be had this year in year 1 of Taggert at the Dome. We have to at some point beat teams in down periods.

We have to make a push for 5-1 type start (4-0) start. Dungey is a senior. QBs rule in college football and we have one of the best.
That would be a great division. Who would your 7th team be, Wake?

That would be a great division. Who would your 7th team be, Wake?

It should be ND. But that ship may have sailed for 10 years.

In the current setup, i assume UVA for Tech purposes. Not sure why they haven't changed the divisions yet.

The ACC division makeup is a joke and always has been. The Coastal is so watered down compared to the Atlantic that it’s not even funny. Nothing will change as long as UNC’s boy Swofford is commissioner.

Anyone think he wants Carolina facing Clemson, FSU, and Louisville every year? Add in very improved teams in NCSU, Wake, and Boston College (with Syracuse not far behind) and it’s easy to see what’s what.

Babers is doing a great job fielding a tough as nails team in his short tenure. If he can get to the point where he’s consistently recruiting high 3 and 4 star players, the sky’s the limit for Orange football.

The ACC division makeup is a joke and always has been. The Coastal is so watered down compared to the Atlantic that it’s not even funny. Nothing will change as long as UNC’s boy Swofford is commissioner.

Anyone think he wants Carolina facing Clemson, FSU, and Louisville every year? Add in very improved teams in NCSU, Wake, and Boston College (with Syracuse not far behind) and it’s easy to see what’s what.

Babers is doing a great job fielding a tough as nails team in his short tenure. If he can get to the point where he’s consistently recruiting high 3 and 4 star players, the sky’s the limit for Orange football.

The Commissioner determines the divisions?

Thinking through it,
3-0: Done +3

UConn & UNC: Layups +2 (5-0)

Clemson & ND: Really hard -2 (5-2)

BC, NCSU, WF, UL, and Pitt: All tossups, where we’re probably slightly below the group’s average. +2, -3

I can see 7-5, with an outside shot at 8-4. We’ve done well in bowls recently (K-State, MN, and WVU), so I think that we have a really great shot at 8 wins (7-5 w a loss it balanced out by 8-4 with a win). All-in-all, going 8-5 would be extremely promising, given that we’ve only had 2 full recruiting cycles under this system (the first class was truncated).

I think that the fear is a late season slide.

Thinking through it,
3-0: Done +3

UConn & UNC: Layups +2 (5-0)

Clemson & ND: Really hard -2 (5-2)

BC, NCSU, WF, UL, and Pitt: All tossups, where we’re probably slightly below the group’s average. +2, -3

I can see 7-5, with an outside shot at 8-4. We’ve done well in bowls recently (K-State, MN, and WVU), so I think that we have a really great shot at 8 wins (7-5 w a loss it balanced out by 8-4 with a win). All-in-all, going 8-5 would be extremely promising, given that we’ve only had 2 full recruiting cycles under this system (the first class was truncated).

I think that the fear is a late season slide.
This current team is better than ND

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom