Map of Conferences | Syracusefan.com

Map of Conferences

Jeepers

Starter
Thought it would be interesting to see how the conferences would look with opaque layers where the conferences overlap. Here's how it looks--solid color means the conference fully owns that state. Threw it together real fast, so probably some errors in there.

qx0u34.jpg

Being a visual person at the core, I love maps. And that map shows why the Pac12 is the best. I sincerely hope they go after their Big12 targets soon.

Added Long Island and the Michigan and Virginia bits.

Man, poor UConn.

m9ol5c.jpg

For some reason I can't see the map you're referencing. But if one is into the contiguous states thing, the ACC is about a 2 mile sliver of northwest Maryland from pulling it off.

WVU is a small sliver of all of Kentucky and all of Missouri from pulling it off.

For some reason I can't see the map you're referencing. But if one is into the contiguous states thing, the ACC is about a 2 mile sliver of northwest Maryland from pulling it off.

WVU is a small sliver of all of Kentucky and all of Missouri from pulling it off.

The ACC could pull off the contiguous thing by adding Cincy, if/when ND comes.

Being a visual person at the core, I love maps. And that map shows why the Pac12 is the best. I sincerely hope they go after their Big12 targets soon.
Nevada must feel like the entity in the lower-right quadrant of the Sesame Street bit about "which one of these doesn't belong."

Thought it would be interesting to see how the conferences would look with opaque layers where the conferences overlap. Here's how it looks--solid color means the conference fully owns that state. Threw it together real fast, so probably some errors in there.

qx0u34.jpg
Pretty sure that Colorado would like to be included in Pac12 map... yeah, it was a long day... and I don't drink, so I can't even blame that...

Nevada must feel like the entity in the lower-right quadrant of the Sesame Street bit about "which one of these doesn't belong."

Why a major conference hasn't gobbled up UNLV for the sole purpose of having a conference hoops tourney there and shaking every booster down for oodles of cash while they ply them with chips, booze and prostitutes is beyond me.

Why a major conference hasn't gobbled up UNLV for the sole purpose of having a conference hoops tourney there and shaking every booster down for oodles of cash while they ply them with chips, booze and prostitutes is beyond me.

Will always remember this post, when UNLV announces its joining the Big East in the next year...:D

I have no proof, but I suspect it is the natural fear that the donors may gamble away the donation before the schools can secure the pledges. I could be wrong, but as I just rolled a seven...

qx0u34.jpg

So, just to clarify, the conference marked by white is the Big East, right?

qx0u34.jpg

What about the Upper Peninsula of Michigan? Firm Big Ten territory.

TCU should be added as a Big XII member to Texas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom