March 1, 2020 | Syracusefan.com

March 1, 2020

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
According to Wildhack, that's when the Dome Roof comes down for renovations and the heavy work begins.

We gonna be homeless for part of next season. I hope it's a mild Winter. :oops:

According to Wildhack, that's when the Dome Roof comes down for renovations and the heavy work begins.

We gonna be homeless for part of next season. I hope it's a mild Winter. :oops:

Will be interesting to see where we play our home games and how many we can squeeze in at the dome before the construction starts.

Will be interesting to see where we play our home games and how many we can squeeze in at the dome before the construction starts.

First 3 weeks of the season. Week 4 we're at UVA (unless they move all the conference games to later in the season).

CNS is nice, but only holds 5,000. Just as long as current season ticket holders get priority. ;)

It is possible to fit in four games in February if others would be so kind to accomodate.

Hope AD is working on that.

First 3 weeks of the season. Week 4 we're at UVA (unless they move all the conference games to later in the season).

CNS is nice, but only holds 5,000. Just as long as current season ticket holders get priority. ;)
You know, they keep saying that, but back in the "Old ACC", The Twerps would play dook as early in March as we two play now. Granted our game has is scheduling roots as an OOC game, but there are years of precedent for leaving as it is now if they so choose.

As an aside, we always started the ACC schedule the latest with playing the three others right in a row before the tournament.

From what the coaches were saying last year, I'm guessing the Albany game will be away in 2020. Back in 1979 when the dome was being built the football team got creative and scheduled home game in places like Orchard Park, Cornell and the Meadowlands - not a bad idea to showcase your product in different parts of the state.

I suspect they'll play a lot of local away games (Colgate, Hobart, Bingo, and maybe a Siena or Canisius) or some games in the soccer stadium (or OCC?). One bright spot - could be a reason to get them to ease up on the strength of schedule.

From what the coaches were saying last year, I'm guessing the Albany game will be away in 2020. Back in 1979 when the dome was being built the football team got creative and scheduled home game in places like Orchard Park, Cornell and the Meadowlands - not a bad idea to showcase your product in different parts of the state.

I suspect they'll play a lot of local away games (Colgate, Hobart, Bingo, and maybe a Siena or Canisius) or some games in the soccer stadium (or OCC?). One bright spot - could be a reason to get them to ease up on the strength of schedule.

I think your spot on about Albany, there has been a rumbling about that for about a year now. Interesting I think they may try to front load some home games next year like Hobart and play them early with say Colgate Army and one other.

Any chance they could/would move games to Einsley Center if weather was bad? Obviously would be bad for fans trying to attend the game, but seems like a lot of schools are playing early season games indoors in facilities that either don't allow for TV or don't allow for fans (believe Penn State did this just last week).

Any chance they could/would move games to Einsley Center if weather was bad? Obviously would be bad for fans trying to attend the game, but seems like a lot of schools are playing early season games indoors in facilities that either don't allow for TV or don't allow for fans (believe Penn State did this just last week).

No. Not coded to have fans in the building. Ensley is not currently possible

Our prime "snow is still on the ground" alternate rug is our field hockey stadium which has stands. I could swear we've played SU there a time or two; I know we've played Cornell and Drexel there. Does SU have something similar?

A couple of years ago, we had to play ND in their IPF because it was hazardously cold outside. Few, if any fans, there as well.

We have a field hockey stadium with really hard turf, and a soccer stadium with grass.

Both have small seating capacities.

Umm, the Meadowlands are not in the state. Just saying.

I suspect any pretty good Opp that SU played at cornell would draw a pretty good crowd, its not that far for SU to travel and the Ithaca locals are sill pretty loyal to SU when not playing Cornell.

Yup as expected. Interesting to see what route we take here. Seems the only real plausible answer is to see about an alternative local location (CNS again) and load the scheduled with as many home games as we can in February which likely means a mid week game or two.

Yup as expected. Interesting to see what route we take here. Seems the only real plausible answer is to see about an alternative local location (CNS again) and load the scheduled with as many home games as we can in February which likely means a mid week game or two.

Remember, Albany is on the road in April.

Kiss and make up with Bingo?

Can't really do anything with the ACC schedule.

just seems like a crazy aggressive schedule.. roof off in march and games for fball by Oct? They going to work 24x7?

just seems like a crazy aggressive schedule.. roof off in march and games for fball by Oct? They going to work 24x7?

Work is supposed to start in about 6 weeks. They'll begin to build an outside framework to support the new roof, and get as much done as possible.

Next March the old roof gets deflated and removed and the final steel work goes up.

Remember, Albany is on the road in April.

Kiss and make up with Bingo?

Can't really do anything with the ACC schedule.

Syracuse will need to replace 2 games next year (navy/Rutty) plus I hope they will add at least one more OOC.

Assume SU starts the season on Sat Feb 8 or even Fri night again like this year Feb 7th. SU can squeeze in 4 Dome home games as February has 29 days this year which gives it 4 Saturdays. SU could also play one mid week game as well toward the end of February.

If were playing at Albany next year (appears likely) we could play Colgate, Bingo/Siena or a similiar team, Army, and potentially 2 more teams. I believe the ACC is doing what the B10 does and moving all the conf games to the back part of the schedule so we won't be playing at UVA in February.

If I were SU i would play Gate, some lesser NY team, Army, and then tell Hobart if they want to play next year they better have an open date in early February or were taking a year hiatus. Thats 4 home games in February. I would assume we could potentially work another OOC game in there as well so we don't overload the schedule with road games late. Perhaps a team like Princeton or Loyola. That would give us 5 home games in February ( 4 Sat games and 1 mid week game, I would assume Hobart).

I would be surprised if SU renewed the Rutty or Navy games as both were just a 2 game home and away agreement as far as I know.

Careful. We don't want to make things too tough for Ryan Powell's 1st year as HC. ;)

Careful. We don't want to make things too tough for Ryan Powell's 1st year as HC. ;)

LOL, Rutty returns most of that offense including Mullins so that would be a tough matchup. They do lose Edelman, a staring middie, and that transfer FOGO though and some other secondary players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom