March Madness (SU vs Duke about to be orphaned) | Syracusefan.com

March Madness (SU vs Duke about to be orphaned)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Looks like the Women's Basketball team might be hosting 1st-2nd Round games either March 22-24 or March 23-25.

Which means the Duke LAX game on Mar 24 might get booted.

FWIW: Both Cornell's and Colgate's stadiums are vacant that Sunday.

Looks like OCC’s field is open that weekend as well.

Looks like the Women's Basketball team might be hosting 1st-2nd Round games either March 22-24 or March 23-25.

Which means the Duke LAX game on Mar 24 might get booted.

FWIW: Both Cornell's and Colgate's stadiums are vacant that Sunday.

I suspect SU will find away to squeeze the game in, depending on the dates there should be an opening.

I would guess they'd move the game to Saturday of they had to? I assume the game was scheduled for Sunday because of the possible schedule issue that Saturday?

Speaking of March Madness, anyone have Mount St. Mary's knocking off Richmond in OT?

Lol definitely not. If your a Richmond fan thats a devastating loss if you had any thoughts about a possible at large bid.

I would guess they'd move the game to Saturday of they had to? I assume the game was scheduled for Sunday because of the possible schedule issue that Saturday?

If we host, it'll be either Fri & Sun, or Sat & Mon.

The two teams who make it to the 2nd Round usually have a practice in the Dome during the off day. Which means they can't have LAX either Saturday or Sunday.

WLAX is in the same boat, they have a home game with Notre Dame scheduled for that Saturday at 2 PM.

I'm not 100% certain, but once the NCAA takes over an arena for a tournament, they may not even allow Pete Sala's crew to make the changeovers.

could also move those games to mon/Tues depending on when we hosted

I talked to a couple of ushers today, and they have no clue what the plans are.

Duke/Cuse Outdoors???

Hearing whispers that the Duke game next week will be moved outdoors due to NCAA Women's hoops conflict. Anyone else hearing this?

Game to be moved to Cicero-North High School, if my source is correct

Last edited:
Duke/Cuse Outdoors???

Hearing whispers that the Duke game next week will be moved outdoors due to NCAA Women's hoops conflict. Anyone else hearing this?

Game to be moved to Cicero-North High School, if my source is correct

I see OE moved the thread but yes this did come up last week. Personally I think that would be a terrible decision by SU. Find out when the games are going to be (for W Bball) and adjust accordingly. If its Sat & Mon just play the game on Fri night as I am sure Duke would work with us. If its Fri & Sunday then play the game on Monday in the Dome. Moving a game of this magnitude to freeking CNS is ridiculous.

I see OE moved the thread but yes this did come up last week. Personally I think that would be a terrible decision by SU. Find out when the games are going to be (for W Bball) and adjust accordingly. If its Sat & Mon just play the game on Fri night as I am sure Duke would work with us. If its Fri & Sunday then play the game on Monday in the Dome. Moving a game of this magnitude to freeking CNS is ridiculous.

Have to agree with that.

If the BB is Sat-Mon, there's a shootaround in the Dome for all 4 teams on Fri.

Our best bet is to get Fri-Sun games, and try to move the LAX to Monday.

If the BB is Sat-Mon, there's a shootaround in the Dome for all 4 teams on Fri.

Our best bet is to get Fri-Sun games, and try to move the LAX to Monday.

Couldn't they just shoot around at the Melo Center? I am sure there is some obscure thing where they have to "shoot" around at the same facility there going to be playing at but maybe the NCAA can throw us a freeking bone for once.

Couldn't they just shoot around at the Melo Center? I am sure there is some obscure thing where they have to "shoot" around at the same facility there going to be playing at but maybe the NCAA can throw us a freeking bone for once.

I'd think they would want to practice in the actual arena where the tournament is.

As a last resort they could move the game to the IPF.

It would suck for us season ticket holders. Maybe we'll get another STX lanyard?

As a last resort they could move the game to the IPF.

It would suck for us season ticket holders. Maybe we'll get another STX lanyard?

Id rather they play it at the IPF then freeking CNS. At that point we might as well play it at Coyne or the Fine Lot.

Practice is overrated.
EA5FB2CE-F638-4E56-AAB8-7774F6EEBCEC.gif