Marcus Sales | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Sales

CIL

All Conference
Busted for selling dope - at least he went big this time with over 500 grams of cocaine and some crack.

Faces 40 years. Reads like a RICO indictment.

No school is immune from this sort of thing happening with current or former players.

A statement of the obvious, but still worth keeping in mind.

Say what up to Will Allen for me, Marcus.

My guess is, if convicted, Sales will be in a different type of prison than the guy convicted of a financial crime.

HI_ZnE.gif

Authorities weren't going to let both of them go. One of them had to cop to it. Happens more than you think.

I recall Sales had digital scales and individual zip lock baggies along with a burning joint in the car. Dad was a police officer? What a sad story too bad he made those choices

Busted for selling dope - at least he went big this time with over 500 grams of cocaine and some crack.

So sorry to hear.

I recall Sales had digital scales and individual zip lock baggies along with a burning joint in the car. Dad was a police officer? What a sad story too bad he made those choices

It's the ones who have a way out that drop the ball. There are people from neighborhoods that we come from that would give anything to grow up in a stable home and go to a good university.

Up to 40 years for planning to sell a pound of cocaine?
You'd probably do less time if you killed someone.

he conspired to possess more than 500 grams. this means that he was working with at least one other person to try and buy at least 500 grams. in other words, he could have been trying to buy a little more than a pound, but theoretically, he could have been trying to buy a lot more than that. the 500 grams is a floor. therefore, we aren't really sure how much he was trying to buy, but it was at least a lb, according to the authorities.

he conspired to possess more than 500 grams. this means that he was working with at least one other person to try and buy at least 500 grams. in other words, he could have been trying to buy a little more than a pound, but theoretically, he could have been trying to buy a lot more than that. the 500 grams is a floor. therefore, we aren't really sure how much he was trying to buy, but it was at least a lb, according to the authorities.

I missed the word 'more' (as in 'more than 500 grams') when I read this; thought the possibilty of spending 40 years in prison was all over a pound of coke.

I missed the word 'more' (as in 'more than 500 grams') when I read this; thought the possibilty of spending 40 years in prison was all over a pound of coke.

I get your point and it may very well be valid. I agree it can seem somewhat silly to punish that much for drugs.

Up to 40 years for planning to sell a pound of cocaine?
You'd probably do less time if you killed someone.

Not when you think about how many lives it ruins and frankly they are killing people. These guys are all facing charges of intent to distribute fentanyl as well as cocaine and crack. At this point I personally know 3 people who've died from heroin/fentanyl OD's and 1 poster on this board has had a child OD and live. I have zero sympathy for dealers. 40 years sounds about right.

Not when you think about how many lives it ruins and frankly they are killing people. These guys are all facing charges of intent to distribute fentanyl as well as cocaine and crack. At this point I personally know 3 people who've died from heroin/fentanyl OD's and 1 poster on this board has had a child OD and live. I have zero sympathy for dealers. 40 years sounds about right.

I have compassion for the users of the hard stuff. I have no compassion for the dealers of the hard stuff.

This isn’t weed we’re talking about. This stuff destroys people.

I'm not doubting the extraordinary damage of drug abuse.
And I'm not a lawyer.
It just seems that there are a lot of news stories where a person has ended another person's life and the sentence is considerably less than 40 years.

It doesn't really matter. Marcus has been in this type of trouble before and still continued to make sh&tty decisions. He's going to be giving up his freedom for a long, long time.

Yeah that's too bad, very poor decisions, he should have left Syracuse years ago figured he may have learned a lesson 8 years ago.

loved him and Lemon their senior years. two very heady receivers who knew how to get open.

I agree 40 years seems crazy, have to imagine he will spend a lot less time in prison than that

Please keep the football program far away from this news story....can we blame this on GROB too?

we need huge penalties on fentanyl and lighter penalties on everything else. if you treat them all the same, why not sell the cheap fentanyl. coke and weed, whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom