Marek drawn charge

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Man...I thought it was a bad call and would’ve went nuts if that happened to us...which it has too many times, so the charge loving community of college b-ball refs owed us one.

I was freaking out that we were going to have to go the length of the floor in 5 seconds since we weren’t fouling, and then that happened. Wow. Huge.

jordoo

Living Legend
If the offensive player hadn’t lowered his shoulder and purposely delivered the hit like an nfl back then it would have been a block. It was a horrible play by the gtown player more than anything else.

Last edited:

djcon57

All American
It was called a charge because the Gtown player lowered his shoulder into Marek. It would have been a block if he didn’t do that because Marek slid a half second too late.
Sadly I think it’s more just Dole falling down. If you hit the ground, you get the call more times than not in college basketball

NKR1978

Living Legend
Man...I thought it was a bad call and would’ve went nuts if that happened to us...which it has too many times, so the charge loving community of college b-ball refs owed us one.

I was freaking out that we were going to have to go the length of the floor in 5 seconds since we weren’t fouling, and then that happened. Wow. Huge.
It happened to us twice on the other end, so it was a consistent call. And that's all I ask for.

Very close call, like someone said previously that shoulder being lowered and put into the chest of Marek probably decided the call.

Can we get Marek to the weight room? I like watching the kid play but 6’10 180#s? Especially if he is going to be playing under the basket like he was today.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Very close call, like someone said previously that shoulder being lowered and put into the chest of Marek probably decided the call.

Can we get Marek to the weight room? I like watching the kid play but 6’10 180#s? Especially if he is going to be playing under the basket like he was today.
Why do people assume Marek doesn’t lift?

Some fat people struggle to lose weight. Some skinny people struggle to put on weight.

Feel like if we had a fat kid, everybody wouldn’t always be talking about “man, can we get that kid on a treadmill? What is he, like 300 pounds?” That probably wouldn’t fly. Just a thought. Sorry if it sounds like a rant.

Why do people assume Marek doesn’t lift?

Some fat people struggle to lose weight. Some skinny people struggle to put on weight.

Feel like if we had a fat kid, everybody wouldn’t always be talking about “man, can we get that kid on a treadmill? What is he, like 300 pounds?” That probably wouldn’t fly. Just a thought. Sorry if it sounds like a rant.

No, valid point.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
I mean...if he truly doesn’t work hard in the weight room that’s one thing.

But I have a hard time believing a D-1 hoop player doesn’t lift. I think he’s just got one of those bodies. He’s still young too. Maybe by senior year it will change a bit?

Nah, kid lowered his shoulder if you watch the replay. Refs call that a charge 9 times out of 10

Agreed. Had the driver made an attempt to shoot the ball then it should have been a charge. Watching the replay you will see a clear dip of the shoulder with no intentsion to pass or shoot the ball.

I mean...if he truly doesn’t work hard in the weight room that’s one thing.

But I have a hard time believing a D-1 hoop player doesn’t lift. I think he’s just got one of those bodies. He’s still young too. Maybe by senior year it will change a bit?
You aren’t wrong. Don’t really know what he’s doing in the weight room. Just think it’s hard to put him under the basket being so I guess underweight?

I will say his basketball IQ and skill has certainly gone up from last year to this season.

Top Bottom