Marek Officially Leaving | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Officially Leaving

I'm really going to miss him. One of the most versatile SU players of this generation. I hate the fact that he didn't get a 30k senior day crowd standing ovation.

Hope he has a long, successful pro career in Europe. And stops smoking.

He finishes his SU career 69th in scoring, 27th in rebounding, 30th in assists, 29th in steals, and 26th in blocks. He's almost certainly part of a very small club that is Top 30 all-time in rebounding/assists/steals/blocks at SU.

Last edited:
I have always had a soft spot for kids who stick with the program. In the end (much like players who stuck with JT at Georgetown), I believe that these are the players that make up the soul of a true blue-blood program.

Best of luck to a wonderful young man. He was a scrapper. Fought underneath like he had Brower's body. Hit the floor for a loose ball like Hopkins. Truly a back-bone kid.

My favorite player since CJ. Wishing Marek nothing but the best.

I'd love to see him invited back to the Dome for Senior Day '22. Play a highlight reel at halftime and give him the sendoff and standing O from a packed Dome that he deserved this year.
Great idea and would be there with Sidibe. Marek was key player on 3 NCAA tournament teams.

Wish he would have had the opportunity to play more 4, but appreciate him sacrificing for the team.

Very good [sometimes great] player who accomplished a lot despite physical limitations. Hope he makes a lot of money playing overseas.

Thanks for a great 4 years Marek! Always did whatever the team needed. I was impressed with how he adapted to the United States also. Seemed very comfortable showing his pesonality in interviews.

Great Orangeman.
-finally learned this year not to make incredibly dumb fouls
-more willing to give up his body than almost anyone in program history
-great passer and dribbler for a guy his size
-have no idea why he failed to become a three point shooter (though he had a huge one versus Michigan State) or a more frequent shooter in general
-just a tremendous four year player in our program
-he is fundamentally sound and gives it his all so he will make plenty of $ overseas-he has absolutely nothing left to prove here and this is 100% the right move
-we'll always have the Zion charge

...-we'll always have the Zion charge
As much as Marek contributed...this is the play for which he'll always be known.
Who else has ever taken a full on freight train charge from Zion?

As much as Marek's departure was expected I still don't like hearing it.
He's been the ultimate team player.

Class act and gave you everything he had at all times. Never complained (even when holding his tooth in hand or after getting steam rolled by Zion). He just did whatever was asked of him.

How could you not wish anything but the best for this kid?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom