Marek Officially Leaving | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Officially Leaving

Hands down one of the most fun guys to watch over the past 10 years. Was a bright spot in this program during a rocky patch. Can't wait until he opens Marek's Smoke & Slice Shop.

Come for a smoke, stay for the pie.

Truly gonna miss him...he was 100% a fan favorite who bled orange.

Has another SU player essentially played out of position for 4 years and doing so "took one for the team" by taking punishment from players far bigger and stronger? AND never complained?

Marek: The Good Soldier -will always be fondly remembered by Orange Fans!

Hands down one of the most fun guys to watch over the past 10 years. Was a bright spot in this program during a rocky patch. Can't wait until he opens Marek's Smoke & Slice Shop.

Come for a smoke, stay for the pie.

Truly gonna miss him...he was 100% a fan favorite who bled orange.
I have Goldmembers voice in.my head reading your post.

Has another SU player essentially played out of position for 4 years and doing so "took one for the team" by taking punishment from players far bigger and stronger? AND never complained?

actually it was just this year that he played out of position for the most part. Sidibe and Chewy played center and Marek played the 4 although he backed up at C some.

He's almost certainly part of a very small club that is Top 30 all-time in rebounding/assists/steals/blocks at SU.
I've been looking at orangehoops.org and I don't think there's any other player in program history besides Marek that is Top 30 all time in rebounds, assists, steals and blocks.

Edit: Billy Owens also accomplished that.

Moten and Kris Joseph were close.

Last edited:
One of my favorites of all time. The best personality who would do anything for the team with hustle.

Great idea and would be there with Sidibe. Marek was key player on 3 NCAA tournament teams.
Gonna have to be by video, Marek's gonna being playing for pay in Europe during Senior Day, '22

Ernie Seibert- Should of had him at RG on the gridiron

I will sure miss the big skinny guy. Like many others here, he became a favorite of mine. Although he put up some good numbers, the box score doesn't show.the cohesiveness he brought to the team. Hope.he has a great career and life.

Something that's kind of telling too is that everyone has pretty much congratulated or shared Mareks post...even all the guys transferring out...except Woody and Kadary. Found that interesting. Maybe they will but so far they havent.
Addition by subtraction.

Scarier Euro dude moment ? KO falling on his head or Marek getting Zioned ?

gotta say that I loved watching marek play in orange. The kid really maximized his talent and was repeatedly put in tough situations but always gave it his best.

He's gonna be hard to replace next year. His passing was outstanding and he did a lot to help get buddy and his teammates good shots. The kid really knew the system inside and out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom