Marek | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marek

Marek will be missed. Seemed like a great kid that was willing to do anything the team needed or asked of him. I hope he enjoyed his time up on the hill as much as we appreciated his hard work!!!! Good luck Marek!!! Maybe we are blessed with Boeheim's Army reunion one day!!!!

I have watched/followed Syracuse Basketball for 53 years and have had favorite players. Sherman Douglas, Stevie Thompson, Carmelo Anthony, Gerry McNamara, CJ Fair, Tyrus Battle to name a few.
i am proud to add Marek to the list of players that I have enjoy watching. He is a consummate basketball player who make things happen. He was never Mr. Instant Offense but he was/is Mr. Get the Job Done. I have enjoyed following him play these last four years and proud that he will do well in wherever he decides to play.

Thank you, Marek for coming to Syracuse.

I will miss him my favorite player in a while

Attachments

• 3512666dolemite-1.gif
    3512666dolemite-1.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 92
Marek was able to get a great education worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. He learned a new language. He learned basketball skills that will help him earn a decent living in Europe. He entertained us fans for 4 years. This is what college basketball is all about.

Marek was able to get a great education worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. He learned a new language. He learned basketball skills that will help him earn a decent living in Europe. He entertained us fans for 4 years. This is what college basketball is all about.
... and some free dental work!

He was our swiss army knife. He will have an excellent and long career in Europe.
So true. Hopefully he can make it back to the Dome sometime to get a well deserved ovation.

I blame this on JB... If he stocked the vending machines in the Carmelo center with marlboro reds we could have gotten an extra year :)

Marek will always be one of my favorite SU players. He had old school skills that are rare these days. He may have been the best pure facilitator on the team. Anybody can pass the ball and then watch as the recipient does all the work, makes the basket, and gets you your assist. Marek knew where everyone was on the court and could get the ball to a guy in scoring position. There is a difference.

Pound for pound, he may have been the toughest player we have ever had. The broken tooth, the charge from Zion, getting beaten up in the middle on a nightly basis and coming back for more...I can recall Frank Howard, after Marek's first game: "you saw my man out there! He is a pit bull." And so he was.

A pure forward who was forced to play in the middle for much of the past two years, he never got a chance to "showcase his game", or even develop it to its fullest. However, he never complained. He was the ultimate team-first guy who was willing to do whatever was needed for SU.

Godspeed, big guy. I know you will have a great international career.

He was our swiss army knife. He will have an excellent and long career in Europe.
I know I’m being overly optimistic, but I still think there’s a chance he could come back healthy for one final year to seek ACC and NCAA tournament glory and try to make it to the Final Four.

I know I’m being overly optimistic, but I still think there’s a chance he could come back healthy for one final year to seek ACC and NCAA tournament glory and try to make it to the Final Four.
Didn't he already say he was gone? Are people trying to confuse me?

By the way, when I first read this, and really thought you were talking about Sid.

Any updates on him? I had actually heard a rumor that his potato knees had been taken care of thanks to Joe...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom