Mario Cristobal | Syracusefan.com

Mario Cristobal

goodroc

Starter
if we have staff spot open wonder if we have cash to hire as a recruiter -- probably would only come for coordinator position but yeah u never know

not a chance - he is HC material, not a coordinator. plus Shafer and Hack aren't being moved for him.

Can't believe they fired him. He built the program from nothing and was 8-5 last year! Guess he wishes he took that Rutgers job.

Did they have a bad season? That guy was a hot commodity last year no?

Can't believe they fired him. He built the program from nothing and was 8-5 last year! Guess he wishes he took that Rutgers job.

What ? He got fired? Wow and he turned down the Buttgers job. Ouch. What is FIU doing who the heck do they think they're going to get to coach there?

By the way, we don't have any staff openings (just yet). But yeah, if we have a hole we need to hire a primetime recruiter - someone like Stan Drayton.

Wow...found with a dead girl or live boy? Has to be something interesting there.

Did they have a bad season? That guy was a hot commodity last year no?

"But then FIU went 3-9 in 2012, a confounding dropoff from two straight winning seasons. Still, everybody expected Cristobal to have earned himself much more rope than this.
He went 27-47 at FIU, and that might look bad, but, seriously, that's an achievement"

I wonder if he'll get a call from USF... you'd think he would've been on their list.

Jeff Tedford says hi. The bloom falls off these roses sometimes. Some cases quicker than others.

wow huge surprise. I wonder if he ends up as an OC at a major program

If I were USF or Temple, I would place a call to him right now.

What ? He got fired? Wow and he turned down the Buttgers job. Ouch. What is FIU doing who the heck do they think they're going to get to coach there?

By the way, we don't have any staff openings (just yet). But yeah, if we have a hole we need to hire a primetime recruiter - someone like Stan Drayton.
@Niebuhr247
Nothing FIU does surprises me. Remember, this is the school that hired Isiah Thomas

@BFeldmanCBS
Idea floated by a coaching source on Mario Cristobal firing: FIU AD Pete Garcia sees an op to hire his old pal Butch Davis

Timing is really strange since Cristobal reportedly signed a 5-year contract extension just this past summer, which extends through the 2017 season.

Only thing I can think of is that the AD wants the start of a new coach's tenure to coincide with the team's move to C-USA.

@BFeldmanCBS
FIU story gets even more bizarre. Program has a kid scheduled to fly in on a recruiting visit today. Staff doesn't know what to say.

@CuseNationFOX
One of #Syracuse's WR targets for 2013 committed to #FIU yesterday, so what now?

anybody know who it is? I'm guessing (hoping)we passed on them?

@BFeldmanCBS
FIU story gets even more bizarre. Program has a kid scheduled to fly in on a recruiting visit today. Staff doesn't know what to say.

@CuseNationFOX
One of #Syracuse's WR targets for 2013 committed to #FIU yesterday, so what now?

anybody know who it is? I'm guessing (hoping)we passed on them?

Avant out of Miramar FL
Sounds like we kind of passed on him..His final three were Marshall, Bowling Green and FIU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom