Mark Few on game day | Syracusefan.com

Mark Few on game day

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
Seems like a nice guy and is obviously putting together a juggernaut. That said in some critical games in the NCAA he has seemed like a deer in headlights on more than one occasion.

The only way he wins a title is if his team has waay more talent than anyone else.

Only so much you can do with the players you've got. Baylor's guards were too much for them to handle. Timme and Kispert were just getting destroyed on the defensive end last night. Few went to the zone and that didn't work. It felt like they were just overmatched.

In the past 6 tournaments, Few has two Sweet 16s, two Elite 8s, and two National Runner-ups. And that doesn't even factor in last year's tourney that was cancelled when they went 31-2 and almost certainly would have been a strong contender to win it all.

Few is an excellent coach and is still in his 50s. He will probably get his title before it's all said and done.

Few is 164-14 over the last 5 seasons. Great coach and always deports himself with class, even after the heart breaking loss last night.

Not sure what some of you think you are seeing, but couldn't disagree more with some of these takes.

In the past 6 tournaments, Few has two Sweet 16s, two Elite 8s, and two National Runner-ups. And that doesn't even factor in last year's tourney that was cancelled when they went 31-2 and almost certainly would have been a strong contender to win it all.

Few is an excellent coach and is still in his 50s. He will probably get his title before it's all said and done.

not to mention be coaches in the wcc. Guy is a HOGer

the better season you have the better seed you get the easier path to get deeper and have to play 1-2 hard games and not 3-4.. But as good as that team was it would have 4-5 losses in a league and not be a 1 see more like a 3-4 and who knows how it plays out..

Elite coach and system in a avg league adds up to wins.. but they play a hard OC schedule too which is good cause they only get tested 2-3 other times all year.

He’s a great gm too. Not very highly paid. I wonder what it would take for him to leave.

He’s a great gm too. Not very highly paid. I wonder what it would take for him to leave.
Think it would only be for Oregon but Altman has done extremely well there

I think just the opposite. Few clearly showed he can make adjustments and the fact they got under 10 after Baylor's start was impressive.

Baylor was clicking on all cylinders. When they are playing like that, I don't see anyone beating them this year. The quickness/shooting combo of their 4 guards was simply on another level compared to any other team this season.

Last edited:
Few is the real deal. Last night they ran into a juggernaut and there wasn’t anything he was going to do to prevent Baylor from winning that game. Baylor was so damn impressive.

Seems like a nice guy and is obviously putting together a juggernaut. That said in some critical games in the NCAA he has seemed like a deer in headlights on more than one occasion.
Why did they never press in the last 10
Minutes when they got it down to like 10 or 11 points? I think JB would have def thrown on the press. I think Few also should have stuck with the zone. It seemed to be working better than their switching man defense, which was getting shredded.

I thought the zone Gonzaga used last night left a lot to be desired.Mark Few is a great coach,but playing cupcakes all year surely ain’t helping the team get better.Maybe JB can give his buddy some pointers on the zone.

Few is 164-14 over the last 5 seasons. Great coach and always deports himself with class, even after the heart breaking loss last night.

Not sure what some of you think you are seeing, but couldn't disagree more with some of these takes.
Few is a great coach and has done wonders with Gonzaga. I was rooting for them last night. But he only has 14 losses and that gaudy record because he plays in a mid major conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom