Marquette Sex Assualt Allegations | Syracusefan.com

Marquette Sex Assualt Allegations

Chisolm is a quality District Attorney and if I could still vote in WI, I'd vote for him again. When witnesses refuse to talk to the police or the DA investigation team (which, of course, is everyone's right), a DA cannot in good conscience take out a warrant, arrest, or charge anyone without sufficient evidence. That's not always the case; many DA's are hoping to be mayors and governors and will charge without proper evidence (see: Duke lacrosse team, as much as I dislike that particular group) to create publicity.

My guess is the people with knowledge of the situation were instructed to stay hush hush. If true, that is a violation of statutory law. As soon as some folks start bucking the administration's instructions, and assuming the allegations are true, this likely will develop rapidly.

Tempest in a tea pot. Investigation is only into compliance with campus crime reporting. Lets not go overboard.

Tempest in a tea pot. Investigation is only into compliance with campus crime reporting. Lets not go overboard.
I would not totally pooh pooh this. It's not a good thing that the proper authorities were not contacted as a matter of course. Apparently Marquette has come to that conclusion also, as they have changed their procedures (better late than never, I guess).

And, as always, be careful about the cover-up.

I believe the team dismissed one of the four players...a kid that never played. Three of the four are apparently still on the team and a couple are starters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom