Marrone Extension | Syracusefan.com

Marrone Extension

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia
Source close to situation told him that "Marrone can coach at Syracuse as long as he wants as long as Daryl Gross is A.D."

Does that finally mean that Daryl is finally no longer pissed he didn't succeed in hiring his #1 choice (Skip Holtz) or his #2 choice (Turner Gill)? Jackass. Talk about falling ass backward into a genius hire.

It could be a case that Doug has an open ended contract that auto renews each year. He may have a base salary that increases each year for inflation with incentives added on for bowls, conference championships, attendance, wins, whatever.

Seems dumb to not make an announcement of the extension to keep the momentum going.

Seems dumb to not make an announcement of the extension to keep the momentum going.
Especially this weekend. Aren't there supposed to be a lot of recruits coming in?

Actually you can say it went in this order:

Robinson - FAIL
Edsall - blessed he said no
Gill - blessed he said no
Holtz - blessed he said no
Marrone - (angels singing) ;)

You can remove Gill.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't read anything into it but what it means that TGD may not be here after Cantor leaves in 2014.

Secondly, the choice was done by committee - for the TGD he couldn't afford to make the same mistake twice - meaning highering a coordinator versus a coach with HC experience. It was my understanding that Marrone impressed the committee so much that they convinced TGD to choose Marrone over everyone else. All of these coaches were in play but it was my understanding that Marrone was the only one offered in the end.

Given the disaster of hiring GRob, I can understand TGD's concern of making the same mistake twice. If Marrone would have performed no better than GRob, TGD would have been fired by now as well.

By that I assume you mean Gill was never offered the position.

Nor interviewed.

I suppose, but Gross liked him... proving a point.

Gross likes a lot of coaches. Your point is valid though.

In twitter rumor world language, that means Marrone is getting fired tomorrow. I'll miss him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom