Marrone on Pardon My Take | Syracusefan.com

Marrone on Pardon My Take

Marroniac

Starter
Did anyone else catch Dougie on the podcast this week?

They talked about how Sean Mcvay wanted to join the staff at Cuse but Marrone didn’t hire him because of who recommended him. The referral came from a former staff member that was let go.

They also talked about bologna sandwiches.

They talked about how Sean Mcvay wanted to join the staff at Cuse but Marrone didn’t hire him because of who recommended him. The referral came from a former staff member that was let go.

Phil Earley?

I wonder if Doug is back in 5 years. Dino is not gonna be here forever and Doug will not last in the NFL imo. Renovated Dome, excited fanbase, we might be his dream job in 2024.

He’s only 3 years younger than Dino.

Could be Dan as I have heard he was let go for Shaffer’s boy the lb coach at Mich st. And then left the next year for personal reason while Dan had a couple well coached lb all big east I believe. Dan shouldn’t have been fired is my opinion. Dan also didn’t know Shaf was the one wanting him gone either. That’s what I heard anyways

For someone that seemingly hated the media I think it’s funny how much he seems to like Big Cat and PFT. They don’t seem like they’d be Marrone’s type of guys. This is a picture from an interview they did last summer.
928B4D8E-ED84-4C5B-B953-527D9BBCE656.png

Come on. Marrone ain’t coming back here. It’s fairly obvious he was gunning for Jacksonville the whole time. I can almost guarantee you he doesn’t take a head coaching gig anywhere else after this.

And Babers will coach here for 15 more years

I wonder if Doug is back in 5 years. Dino is not gonna be here forever and Doug will not last in the NFL imo. Renovated Dome, excited fanbase, we might be his dream job in 2024.
Puke

Doug is a very competent coach who brought us out of the pits of gerg. But I can’t imagine going from Dino, with his energy and attitude, back to someone like Doug.

Coach Marrone can obviously coach football. He temporarily pulled us out of a horrendous situation and got the ball rolling.

That being said, absolutely everything I’ve heard about him off of the football field is terrible. He is not cut out for the college game and will not be returning.

I think NKR1978 said it, going from DB’s personality to DM’s would be such a tremendous shift. And a terrible shift at that imo. Let’s not even talk about the change in football styles.

I mean FFS is it not obvious that we have the template for success for Syracuse football?

If/when DB leaves Why go back to Marrone?

I feel like there's a time where I wouldn't be surprised if we went back to Marrone, assuming he was available. Like UConn bringing Edsel.

Doug is a very competent coach who brought us out of the pits of gerg. But I can’t imagine going from Dino, with his energy and attitude, back to someone like Doug.
Very true. Also, if McVay wanted to come here once before, we should just bring him in as head coach this time once Dino retires...

I feel like there's a time where I wouldn't be surprised if we went back to Marrone, assuming he was available. Like UConn bringing Edsel.

I am done if we do that. Because you know that if that happenes it will be after he's way past his prime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom