Marrone out | Syracusefan.com

Marrone out

Finally. Should have been done earlier in the season

He's a good coach. Had the Patriots on the ropes in the AFC Championship game with Bortles. My suspicion is he'll have one more HC chance. Someone will give him another shot.

I suspect he lines up with Payton or one of his buddies and rehabs his image.

It won't happen but you know he would love nothing more than to go back to New York and lead the Jets....remember when he left Buffalo with those hopes?!?!

I thought he might get one more year (based on comments I thought I read preseason..?) given the path the Jags have taken, but I understand starting completely fresh. Hard to believe they won 10 games a few years ago.

He's a good coach. Had the Patriots on the ropes in the AFC Championship game with Bortles. My suspicion is he'll have one more HC chance. Someone will give him another shot.

I suspect he lines up with Payton or one of his buddies and rehabs his image.
He needs to discipline his image ;)

Like him or hate him the Jags competed much harder in the final weeks than a number of other teams in the league. Whoever walks in there is going to inherit a good foundation built by Marrone.

They had zero defense from trading away/releasing pro bowlers, covid opt outs on the interior DL, and injuries. Could not get stops. Good young pieces on offense and at spots on defense. Very young team with a boatload of picks and cap space.

It won't happen but you know he would love nothing more than to go back to New York and lead the Jets...remember when he left Buffalo with those hopes?!?!
Can't imagine the Jets are going to hire the coach of the one team with a worse record than them this year.

I think OL coach in NFL. Lots of openings out there and Doug is a real solid OL coach. I would be surprised if he went back to college but who knows.
8 years ago this coming Wednesday that he stopped being a college coach. I don't see him going back either.

Can't imagine the Jets are going to hire the coach of the one team with a worse record than them this year.
Never underestimate the Jets. They did hire Gase who was a complete failure in Miami.

Never underestimate the Jets. They did hire Gase who was a complete failure in Miami.
If they hire another guy that just got fired there would be a revolt at Florham Park.

That has to suck knowing you would've finally had your chance to choose the franchise QB you had always wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom