Marrone taking credit where it's not due | Syracusefan.com

Marrone taking credit where it's not due

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Recalling the first time he saw a recruiting tape of Pugh playing high school ball in the Philadelphia area, Marrone said: “He was on our board and we put on a tape of him and I was like, ‘Who is this kid? We’ve got to go get him. He can run and hit.’

I love how he acts like he discovered Pugh. Doug, let's be honest. he committed to Syracuse before you even got there.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/marrone_pugh_good_pick_wABgoain3SKhQoJMCuMTEK

Recalling the first time he saw a recruiting tape of Pugh playing high school ball in the Philadelphia area, Marrone said: “He was on our board and we put on a tape of him and I was like, ‘Who is this kid? We’ve got to go get him. He can run and hit.’

I love how he acts like he discovered Pugh. Doug, let's be honest. he committed to Syracuse before you even got there.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/marrone_pugh_good_pick_wABgoain3SKhQoJMCuMTEK
As arbiter of recruiting credit I established a long time ago that Pugh was a Robinson recruit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Marrone basically started from scratch when he got here. He said no GRob offers were good and he would have to re-evaluate every kid offered. He did that and 2 of the prior 5 GRob commits were offered by Marrone: Pugh and Lemon. The other 3 were not offered.

Marrone basically started from scratch when he got here. He said no GRob offers were good and he would have to re-evaluate every kid offered. He did that and 2 of the prior 5 GRob commits were offered by Marrone: Pugh and Lemon. The other 3 were not offered.
For the purposes of arbitrating recruiting credit, those details are irrelevant.

I understand, but his quote is "We’ve got to go get him".-He didn't have to get squat-he had already committed.

Still, a lot easier to choose fruit from a basket that's brought to you, than actually going into the orchard to find and pick yourself...

So some of you guys are so anti-Marrone that you're sticking up for Greg Robinson?

So some of you guys are so anti-Marrone that you're sticking up for Greg Robinson?
Factually observing that Robinson initially recruited Pugh and received Pugh's commitment before being fired and Marrone being hired isn't really "sticking up" for Robinson.

Factually observing that Robinson initially recruited Pugh and received Pugh's commitment before being fired and Marrone being hired isn't really "sticking up" for Robinson.

You're so right... Because kids never waver on their commitments when new regimes are brought in.

Zach Allen's still coming to Cuse, right?

Ray Rice still came to SU when Coach P was fired, right?

You're so off on this it's comical... But please keep it up as we're all getting a good laugh.

You're so right... Because kids never waver on their commitments when new regimes are brought in.

You're so off on this it's comical... But please keep it up as we're all getting a good laugh.
Are you really comparing Pugh to Ray Rice as HS recruits?

Are you really comparing Pugh to Ray Rice as HS recruits?
Do u know why he is making tht comparison?

Fwiw: A) i can't believe 2 days later you're still here and B) and that you are still harping on the same erroneous bullspit

Do u know why he is making tht comparison?

Fwiw: A) i can't believe 2 days later you're still here and B) and that you are still harping on the same erroneous bullspit
Yes I do... Ray Rice could have chosen any institution to play for out of HS... Justin, will all do respect, was lucky that SU decided to maintain the offer...
I have a BS from SU and a JD from UCLA, it's really laughable how forumers make cursory opinions on people they don't even know...
I'm here because I'm a SU fan and alum...

Yes I do... Ray Rice could have chosen any institution to play for out of HS... Justin, will all do respect, was lucky that SU decided to maintain the offer...
I have a BS from SU and a JD from UCLA, it's really laughable how forumers make cursory opinions on people they don't even know...
If they didn't, he would've gone to BC, and if the Giants drafted a OT from BC in the 1st, I'd still be oing cartwheels because BC is an OL factory. Marrone clearly knows OL talent.

It's beautiful outside, go play a round of golf or something.

Enough is enough. Ray Rice had 3 BCS offers out of high school, Syracuse, Rutgers and Virginia. That isn't even remotely close to being able to choose any institution. He was a solid regional recruit, nothing more, nothing less.

If you made posts where you actually relied on facts instead of exaggerations, conspiracy theories and name dropping people that haven't been relevant in years, people would take you a lot more seriously.

Enough is enough. Ray Rice had 3 BCS offers out of high school, Syracuse, Rutgers and Virginia. That isn't even remotely close to being able to choose any institution. He was a solid regional recruit, nothing more, nothing less.

If you made posts where you actually relied on facts instead of exaggerations, conspiracy theories and name dropping people that haven't been relevant in years, people would take you a lot more seriously.
I stand corrected... Honestly, I usually don't research facts down to the minutia before posting... Maybe my recollections need refreshing before I submit a post, but it's not intentional. Seem to remember Ray Rice was a highly prized recruit at the time...

Ray Rice was a 3 sta recruit with 3 BCS offers coming out of school. Pugh was being courted by Pitt, UCONN, and RU at the time of Robinson's firing. If you recall, Marrone came in and reevaluated every offer on the board. Some kids had theirs pulled (see Levander Jones and the WR who ended up at New Mexico), others were renewed and rerecruited like Lemon and Pugh.

Secondly, you are acting like a ign idiot.

Ray Rice was a 3 sta recruit with 3 BCS offers coming out of school. Pugh was being courted by Pitt, UCONN, and RU at the time of Robinson's firing. If you recall, Marrone came in and reevaluated every offer on the board. Some kids had theirs pulled (see Levander Jones and the WR who ended up at New Mexico), others were renewed and rerecruited like Lemon and Pugh.

Secondly, you are acting like a ign idiot.
Being "courted?" So he had offers? Really, I don't know, I'm asking you... Can't even google this info presently... Kaiser seems to believe he would have gone to BC...

Look, I'm the arbiter of recruiting credit. This has been clearly outlined elsewhere, and the rules of recruiting credit have been outlined with similar clarity. My word on this is final. You don't have to like it.

Pugh himself said we were his only BCS offer just last week

Pugh himself said we were his only BCS offer just last week
Syracuse was his only offer.

Grobbycakes was thankfully fired and bc made a run, Marrone held them off.

Don't know if anyone can offer when you've 'committed'...

I think he deserves credit for keeping him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom