Marrones quote today about PSU transfers | Syracusefan.com

Marrones quote today about PSU transfers

PhatOrange

Living Legend
To me his statement sounds like he doesn't want to disrupt the team chemistry. I think unless you're talking about adding an immediate impact type at a NEED position then it's not worth it. He's probably making a good decision.

“Have you looked at our roster? I just think it’s a difficult situation. What people don’t understand is if there was a player who could come in and help our football team and it was done the right way, which obviously we would do, that’s something we would look into. But in the same sense what people have to understand is we have people on our roster we recruited, who I’ve talked to and said things to about their situation, and we’re excited about them. And I think you have to be careful about what type of message you send, but don’t get me wrong in my message. If there are other players who could help us be a better football team, we will pursue them. As of right now we are not pursuing any player at Penn State.”

"If there are other players who could help us be a better football team, we will pursue them."

That's all I need to hear and that's all this was ever about. My guess is that the players that contacted the program either weren't viewed as a need from a depth perspective or as significant upgrades. And I'm certain there were others that were viewed that way that did not contact the program. C'est la vie.

Realistically, kids who got selected to play at PSU, before 100,000 fans and with lots of TV coverage, aren't going to switch to SU even if we have some chance -- every other year -- of playing in a mid-level bowl game. It would have to be an odd situation.

Interesting quote. I read that quote as Marrone basically promising certain kids playing time or potential playing time and that promise can be broken if a transfer is brought in. Which would lead to bad morale, etc.

I see PSU problem being in this years recruiting clas and beyound, along with a few guys who decide to transfer, no mass exodus. I am sure DM would look at any player that came to him and asked, but the way I read this is he is going to do it the right way, for all parties concerned, not like that snake out at USC, "Lame" Kiffin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom